So many gamebreaking bugs

Game mode: [ Online Official ]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ PvP ]
Region: [ EU ]
Hardware: [ Standard PS4 ]

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

So as you probably know, the game is in an horrendous state right now. There are just so many bugs that you have to worry about and adapt to its hard to focus on actually playing the game.

It stars with ressources disappearing after the first strike with a pickaxe and reappearing after 1min (it also seems to help to take a look at the map [which takes about 15 sec because the menu takes ages to load and makes the game freeze {which is dangerous}]) and it ends with enemies being invisible or seemingly walking against a wall just to kill you out of nowhere.
Some more bugs you hopefully know about already:

-Thralls are just one big bug. They hover the earth in T-pose, dont attack enemies, dont teleport to your location while on the other half of the map, additionally they get stuck freaking everywhere, still dropping under the mesh while fighting dragons/rhinos and once my thrall tried to return home from inside a vault (goblinoids) for 14 hours and it probably was the server restart that unbugged him.

-Other players (!) and their thralls being invisible. Its like a cheat on PvP.

-Bases and textures taking forever to load in. This is not just a cosmetical issue as it makes you unable to enter your own base.

-Elephants spawning on my foundations.

-Weapons/Tools cant be equipped. The character seems to hold something invisible in the hands but its unuseable until you can see it. Takes on average a minute to fix itself. Seems to be happening more often in vaults but is not limited to them. You probably see all the gamebreaking problems with this.

-Huge fps drops in the maelstrom.

-The notoriously long loading screens.

-Dieying as you log into your server/appear on the map.

-Inventories not loading up completely which makes you check everythings name (this is not quality of life as i imagine)

-Textures not loading in so the world looks like Crom sliced it with a massive sword. (Clean cuts of every texture so it looks like you reached the end of the world and are about to fall off.)

-I probably missed some more, i might edit them in as i remember. THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY.

Most of these were non existent or atleast acceptable before the Siptah-Release. Since then your game is just a pile of shā€¦ i mean your game is like a challenge for who can adapt to your gamebreaking bugs the best.

And what is the worst part about all of this: we, your players, feel left out. There is no communication on your current state of fixing these. Not even a post saying you recognize all these bugs and are aware of the bad quality right now. Honestly i think its a disgrace how you trait your (PS-)community.

Atleast communicate with us, give us updates on the status of your progress with resolving these bugs.

Pretty please?
Something?

Edit 1: I still didnt get my twich drops :slight_smile:
Edit 2: Audio is completely out of sync. Sometimes its funny, sometimes it makes you wonder if something is about to kill you out of nowhere.

Expected Behavior:

A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen.

I expected none of the above to happen.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Test your game on console.

6 Likes

Most of them they have commented on already. Use the available dev tracker above.

1 Like

Hey Multigun, thanks for the reply.

Yea, atleast they are commenting on the bug reports. But replying ā€žwe are looking into itā€œ or ā€ždid you check your internet connectionā€œ just doesnt cut it anymore.
The expansion has been released over two weeks ago, it didnt event take CD:PR this long to release a hotfix.

Considering they promised to fix many things with siptah and instead it got worse, thats basically an insult. Now there is just silence on social media, no official statement which is desperately needed.

2 Likes

In other words, you want them to reply back to every bug report thread with the same exact response since there isnā€™t news to share.

If they had new information to share, they would post it. Just like they have done hundreds of times.

Also CCPR? They have over 300 people working on Cyberpunk alone. Conan Exiles has a larger team then they had back in the old days, but itā€™s no where near 300 people. Not even remotely close.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve given up on the game, itā€™s so broken itā€™s an unplayable mess, and nothing gets fixed. The studio need to outsource to a competent QA team because the game canā€™t be releasing all these paid updates in such a broken state, itā€™s criminal.

2 Likes

Resources disappearing on hit was reported during 2.4 testlive.
Hereā€™s the link, in case it was overlooked:

This is a game breaking bug and the fact that it was not adressed in 2 months since it was posted, itā€™s just underwhelming.
If you canā€™t farm resources, the whole game makes no sense. Just saying.

3 Likes

You got me wrong here. Please take a moment and reevaluate what i meant.

I dont want them to answer every report or give us useless information over and over again.

What about a weekly post on the current state of the bugfixing progress? Or an official thread where they list every bug they are working on right now, ranked by priority - maybe even an ETA on the patches/fixes. After such a long time of working on the same bugs, it boggers my mind how they still stay in the dark.

I hope you understand my disappointment in this whole progress, instead of fixing they make the game worse with every patch and then are too silent about it. And to be honest i get the feeling that you have a blind eye here: if they shared the information hundreds of times, where are they right now? Can you please tell me where i can find the last official statement on the state of the game?

And its basically only Ignasis and Dana who give me any hope that this will get better.

4 Likes

Lets just say i work at a wellnes/spa location.

The spa that you think is the best around.

You come here everyday becuase you love the atmosphere and the community and it just makes you feel good.
Yea, there have always been a few things that bother you like a weird smell in the shower or the slow restaurant.
But you start to realise that half the saunas only heat up to half the temperature that was promised to you. So you ask when it will be fixed.
The management tells you, it will all be alright soon. So you keep coming to your fav spot just to atleast get a lil warmth. But you keep paying the full price for it. You stay loyal.

Then, instead of fixing their sauna-ovens, they build a new, similiar sized spa right next to it. You go check it out just to find out that its even more broken than the one before.
Many old friends that accompanied you to this spa already left because they realized the bad customer service. And you start to wonder when it all will be normal again but the company just wont/cant tell you.

3 Likes

Hello is anyone else getting disconnected from the game continuously? I cannot fight a beast or take a thrawl let alone enter a dungeon without the game disconnecting. It makes me feel like the admin is cheating for their friendsā€¦ But that should not be the case because Iā€™m using a Official server right??? Please do something about this its very annoying!..

One thing Iā€™m not suffering from is disconnects. I donā€™t use official servers for that very reason. Maybe try finding a less populated server with a more stable ping. Could be that you and people on the other side of the world are trying to use the same one and the server canā€™t cope. I donā€™t know but worth trying for an hour or so

Not recommended. Every time they decide to give an ETA but miss the mark for understandable reasons, you all jump down their throats.

Heck no. I wouldnā€™t recommend a single game developer of any kind do this. And there is a reason next to 0 developers do anything of the sort.

Full stop, no.

Status update, Week 6: Nothing new to report, still working on fixing bugs (followed by throat jumping. Funcom has done this in the past for critical bugs, it never goes well).

There are searches available. You can look up all the past comments by Ignasis, Andy, Dana, and others simply by clicking on their name. There is two different unofficial dev trackers, and the one here.

Working on the game, as they always are. As discussed in the other ā€œFuncom sucks at their jobs and doesnā€™t respond to anythingā€ thread, posting on the forums isnā€™t their only responsibilities.

Let me be brutally honest with you: none of thatā€™s going to happen, unless someone at Funcom has taken leave of their senses. Youā€™re demanding the kind of bureaucracy thatā€™s usually reserved for shareholders, investors, senior managers, and such. And guess what? You and I, along with all the other players, fall into none of those groups.

Throwing that bureaucracy into the process would just make things slower, less efficient, and more frustrating for everyone involved. Getting regular ā€œprogress reportsā€ that donā€™t mean anything in exchange for having to wait longer for actual results is a poor bargain.

Funny you should mention that, after talking about CDPR. Hereā€™s what my personal experience with Cyberpunk 2077 has been:

• When they finally released it and I installed it, it wouldnā€™t even start.
  • After making sure my drivers are updated to the latest version, it wouldnā€™t even start.
  • When NVidia released new driver version, specifically to address CP2077 problems, I could finally start the game. It would inevitably crash in less than 30 minutes.
  • After the first hotfix, the game still crashed in less than 30 minutes.
  • Over the course of the next couple of patches, the game still crashed in less than 30 minutes.

I understand the frustration with Conan Exiles, because I felt the same with CP2077. I still havenā€™t played CP2077, because I stopped trying. I might try again after I get better hardware, and maybe then itā€™ll work, or maybe it wonā€™t.

Point is, I was frustrated and I got to the point where I just lost interest. If thatā€™s something that ends up happening to you, itā€™s sad, but understandable. But none of that makes you entitled to dictating how they should restructure their internal development process to please you.

4 Likes

Ok, people, again letā€™s set the record straight.

Just because you have a bug, glitch or issue does not mean that every single console shares it. Some players have had little to no issues over the years or months since they started playing. What does this mean? This means that whatever the issue is effecting your game, itā€™s not universal, which means locating the source of the problem becomes that much more difficult. Simply telling them to ā€˜test their gameā€™ or ā€˜just turn it on and bug happensā€™ really ignores the reality of what goes into making these games.

1 Like

In the pc section they have a sticky thread listing critical issues and a workaround.

Offering even a semblance - (even if what is offered is a silhouette of the original) - of that is better than nothing.

Yes. I know someone who had been getting disconnected from the game several times each game session.

Just a simple question, because I donā€™t know the answer and a quick 30 second google didnā€™t reveal anything, and I didnā€™t hear anything when it was talked about a year agoā€¦

But: Did Conan exiles have early access for PS4 for isle of siptah?

A simple work around to this would be to change the language of their complaints and response and tag it with a ā€œFeedbackā€ or ā€œsuggestionsā€ label and it kind of does make them able to suggest a different approach.

Cyberpunk2077 made its production budget 10 times over. After sacking their CEO and other key roles, shareholders finally have free reign over the company and they will continue to milk whatever revenue they can, while running the company into the ground. The game wonā€™t get any better from this point on, as itā€™s not worth investing a single dime into its development anymore. Just another gaming industry scam like Anthem and the like.
On topic: The ā€œomg i played 5 thousand hours but the game has bugsā€ type of posts are getting wild lately.

1 Like

Maybe we should see the bugs as the real end game boss of Conan exiles. :slight_smile:

Since November I am fighting against the loading screen on the pvec server.

It was to hard for me so had to change to a lower level and start playing pve since april/mayā€¦
And two weeks ago there come many new bosses I have to fight.
There must be a new god or a witcher that can make enemies invisible. Realy hard to fight them i hate this new boss so muchā€¦
Maybe it is the same one that make everything blury for few secondsā€¦

The last two weeks I donā€™t met the invisible sandstorm boss again. So maybe he is defeated now? Only the harmless gamma storm boss comes after every login in the first half hour.

Another boss is the big patchnotes boss. Where you have to read a book about what changes coming with the patch. Than you pick one that sound nice and realize that this patchnotes are for pc and not for ps4.

Letā€™s call bugs bosses at this forumā€¦ Maybe this will make the game more interesting while waiting for a release of the new weapons that makes it possible to fight these new and old bosses

1 Like

In future it would be very nice if someone of the dev team get a PlayStation and go to every point of these looong patchnotes list and verify instead of only copy the one from pc. For me it feels like funcom lose their love for their game specially on consoles. Someone in the team should spend more time for verification of these notes.

I thing a pinned list with the main issues and maybe a short state if they are planed in 2.4.5 or 2.5. Would be nice too.
I see everyday the same questions and sometimes there is an answere sometimes not.
If I try to search for a comment from funcom for a issue itā€™s a hard way threw this unanswered posts. I would like to open a thread and see: ah OK they know about the gamma sandstorm but there is no date for a solution. So I can look into it after a week and maybe there is a new state.

Maybe like someone else said here with a spacial flag that shows that this is only list by admins from these forum. Just for the community not as a list that has to be updated by devs.