PS4 version unplayable!

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

G’day.

This is my first post, a post that I thought would be to express how much I was enjoying playing the game, but alas, my first post is a complaint/bug report, for the PS4 version seems to have become increasingly unstable after the application of each patch.

After the latest patch (1.14?) the game is regularly locking up and crashing to the blue screen of death. One such crash happened near one of my supply bases where, upon reboot, I discovered several forges, advanced cooking station, grinder, fences and a gate were missing. The game seems to lockup whenever I activate the inventory screen, something that is done on a regular basis in this game.

I am a big fan of the survival/crafting genre and have been a regular player of 7 Days To Die since Alpha 12 on the PC. I also have the PS4 version, which although is something of a “lite” version, has proved to be very stable. So, as much as I enjoy Conan Exiles, my overriding impression is that, on PS4, the game is still in early alpha and too unstable to play at length. Given the current state of play/stability I’ll be moving on for a while, checking back from time to time.

I hope you guys get it sorted 'cause I want to give that glowing review, it’s just too easy to lose countless hours wandering, in a state of awe, the epic world that’s been lovingly crafted.

Cheers.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

7 Likes

I feel the same way. Love the genre love this game. Or well I would if I could play it. I have never joined a games official forums before but I felt I had to today after I lost my base to a no owner bug in single player. I really want to love this game but it needs some love before I can even recommend it. I can deal with sound bugs. I can deal with a little lag when I access inventory. I can not deal with constant crashing and losing my work in the middle of a build

6 Likes

I have had items structures and armor and weapons vanish 3 times today as well offline sp mode on the Ps4 . NOT FUN

3 Likes

plz fix bluescreen fine before new patch

3 Likes

Yeah fix the game crashes, i get every time when i in my house it crashes and it did happend on other places.

1 Like

When can we have our attributes back ? I have been playing since yesterday morning 6/24/18 with the only attribute being encumberance and it has only ONE point. You made ALL MY ATTTIBUTES ZERO LEABEING ME A SINGLE POINT IN EMCUMBERANCE! Try to play this game with only a single point to spend and put that in encumberance. And you took my boots and doors??? Oh and today you took my bedroll so now I will die and have to spend forever dieing trying to get back? Oh and about half my crafting stations also gone? This is a steaming pile of feces. Please reply Dungcom !

1 Like

I’m confused. Did it not give you the points to redistribute for your attributes? Everyone’s attribute points got wiped along with any orbs. You just have to respend them. If if that’s not it maybe try yellow lotus potion? As for the rest I got nothing

Yeah i got all stats stripped to zero at login yesterday in single player offline mode. Restarting the PS4 in safemode and rebuilding the files did nothing to help. I was left with one point to spend so i put that in encumberance. I am screwed… Lost half my base a good chunk of workstations my weapons and armor. I worked hard to get to level 34 this is the 5th or 6th character i have been FORCED to make. They should just rename this the “Conan Exiles Character Creator” " i paid full price for part of a " game"

1 Like

Ok so I just bought the DLC on ps4, it shows up as purchased in game but when you click to download it says no content was found. All the new items show up in game but I cant put point into any of them, just has a green arrow on it. Do I have to start a whole new game to get those items,is the dlc broke, or am I just stupid 0.o is anyone else having this problem?

I am right there with you. I can understand ( I guess…) that if I put up items to capture thralls and then don’t come back to it the game will eventually get rid of the forges, wheel of pain, etc. But just 20 minutes ago I lost a ton of base area that I made with stockpiled mats right before it crashed on me yet again today. Not only did it take all the work I had done for over an hour before the crash, it took the whole second floor of that base too. I don’t know if I can play it at all like this. I play Single Player offline.

1 Like

I literally started the game fresh and got basic craft stations and a mitra shring last night. I wake up this morning to play it again and all of that except what is in my bag is gone again. It is resetting my feats too. I noticed when I respawned to bedroll last night it did it then. This game is unplayable like this.

1 Like

I am having the same problem offline single player. It started with update 1.14. Level 60, nice castle not too big three nice shrines and then all of a sudden the game starts acting odd. Things missing upon loading, the silent legion armor that is so expensive too make gone right off my body. Freezing and upon restart loosing hours of work/play. Finally I couldn’t place a wall or anything to remodel part of the base. The save became unplayable. I thought it may be some sort of corrupt save file so I started over.

Put in a couple of hours, things seemed fine. Next time I logged in I was back at the very beginning with nothing that I had done saved. This makes offline single player unplayable.

I use this game to relax. I use the admin option so that if my husbands ( a cancer patient) needs me I can teleport home and get off right away. I usually play when he’s resting.It is my go to thing ,now it’s completely broken.

My husband plays as well. It’s a big thing for him and our youngest to play together. They play on a pve server and it seems fine. They did loose one base after an earlier update but recovered and have had no issues so far. So it seems that the online play is fine but we few single player offline types are just out of luck. Glad I didn’t buy this just for myself or I’d be completely outraged. I am still very upset and disappointed. Hope the devs fix this issue soon.

5 Likes

Frankly, see and play a game of this quality in 2018, what indecency …

Personally, I’ve never seen a game with so much bug concentration!

4 Likes

I would like to say it makes me feel better that I am not the only one and others see what is happening, but I cannot do you that way. It really just makes me see that it is not a random thing and I wonder how many more are dealing with this. Please tell me that they are actually doing something about this. I am a teacher and I teach statistics and it is known that more people will respond, post, etc about ANYTHING if they have had a bad experience with it. People who have great experiences are less likely to do so. This is some small way makes me feel better in that I am hoping that this amazing game will be fixed because the devs actually care what we think even though we are not their main bread and butter (online).

6 Likes

Dude Im with you first coop server I started crashed with some ridiculous error code 348 something I think , who knows. An I started another coop server just to give the game a second chance an what do you know I log back in an me and my husband have everything set with no owner cant delete crap cant move crap…at this point I wanna toss the game in the toilet . WHO RELEASES A GAME LIKE THIS OMG! 50 hrs both servers goneeee twice!!

2 Likes

I have moved on to the PC version and I seriously doubt I will go back to the PS4 one unless I know for sure that it has been fixed. All that time wasted.

1 Like

Yes, it seems the PC version is in a way better shape, good for you. But even if I had a gaming PC, which I don’t, I would never buy a Funcom-branded game again.

3 Likes

G’day.

So, as it currently, the PC version is more stable?

1 Like

Apparently reading everything I could find online the PC version is perfect. Like perfect in the sense they do not deal with the stuff we deal with. Which comes to my point again. Why??? I know they have made more money off of PS4. It is not like PS4 is better or anything like that. PC’s are better for these games. But there are way more people that own PS4’s and buy games. Was this just a cash grab and run with the release of the console game. Because it sure seems like it day by day.

1 Like

Boy really can not wait until this weeks news release from Funcom. This should be great. You know typical nonsense. What’s in store for the future. What each team is doing rather than solving the problems that legitimately plague the game. You know typical Funcom nonsense. Oh but we are going to sell you another DLC coming up. Everyone just wait for that. Lol

1 Like