Apologies for noobish question re: how many character slots on free to play

Hi guys,

I just joined and downloaded the game a couple of days ago, and I’m on free to play. I seem to only have one character slot, but the (admittedly 8 years old from 2011!) archive forum page I read said there were two character slots for ftp. I have been unable to find an up to date forum post on this issue, so that’s why I’m asking here.

I saw that I can buy new slots, and I’m fine with that, but I just wanted to confirm these things. Was it originally two character slots then at some point you changed it to one, or am I just missing something.

Thanks in advance.

bad-paladin

I don’t remember any FC announcements about reducing free character slots. I think it was 3 character slots.

Funcom did reduce the number of character slots on newly created accounts to one.
I think they made this change when they altered the free to play terms so that all raids and content were available in all the free zones and in any zones you have purchased. Perhaps when they released the raid finder.
(Older free to play accounts had two or more in some circumstances.)

Ah okay then, that explains it. It is a little bit annoying, because I started with a male Cimmerian character, and I wanted to have a female Alt too. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to buy a slot then.
Thanks for the insight.