Are there any differences between the different tiers of taming pens?

I am not seeing any difference whatsoever or am I just overlooking something?

Only the higher tier pens can hold all types of animals, I believe that’s the only difference (could be wrong, never actually built the lower tier ones, didn’t see the point).

edit: apparently wrong, I have no idea what the different tiers are about then, nvm

Only the higher tier pens can hold all types of animals, I believe that’s the only difference (could be wrong, never actually built the lower tier ones, didn’t see the point).

This doesn’t actually appear to be the case, I’ve put a wide range of animals of different “tiers” in the lowest tier of pen without issue. I’ve not noticed any significant difference in craft speed either.

The only difference appears to be the health of the structures against attack.

Tried with a rhino?

Tried with a rhino?

I’m fairly sure I tried a Rhino, though I’ll try again later to confirm.

Fair enough. Didn’t bother to try myself, so I wouldn’t be surprised to find it doesn’t work like I thought it was supposed to.

Level 1 works with all critters, level two works with all critters, level 3 does not work at all.
We have spawned level 1,2 and 3 critters in a level 2. everything from crocs to greater rock beasts and rhinos.
Cant even put any critter in a level 3. The doors are locked

@Jens_Erik says in Patch 34 (Taming and Sag) Notes that Rhino in T1 is working as intended.

The differences for me are durability and interior access. This is why I choose the Tier 2, closed up makes a nice low-end workshop area. During the TestLive phase it was suggested the tiers would have different taming rates, but I’d have to dive deep for that citation. IMO it makes sense they would be faster with a higher tier.

I did not know that, and haven’t tested this myself. Have you reported this in the bugthread? :nicowl:

Tier 3 pen is working normally here. That’s all I use.
And what do you mean with level 1, 2 and 3 critters, they are all level 0.

I have whitw Rhinos, legendary White Tigers with Tier 2. Rocknoses galore.

I have been fine with those pets. Have not tried the rest

The gates are locked and I can not put anything in it.
We cooked rhinos in the number 2. Cant even put him in.
Bug report, naw too busy playing.

Initially the difference in tiers would be that only certain animals could be tamed in certain tiers, but this was removed. Currently the differences are how much health each pen has. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.