Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: [ USA ]
Mods?: [ No ]
Edition: [ Steam ]
Keyed Loot Chests refuse to open. See the linked video where I am pressing E many times on the chest with a key in my inventory. Chests do not open. Long-pressing or “holding” the E and then selecting interaction also has no affect.
The video will be done YouTube processing for HD in about an hour or two from the timestamp of this post.
- Enter a Siptah Vault dungeon with a key in your inventory (from Exiled Lands - if that’s relevant?)
- Try to open any of the “LOCKED” Loot Chests.
- Record a video showing it doesn’t work.
- Make a really cool 3D thumbnail image for the video title.
- Upload it to youtube.
- Come here and fill out this form.
- Reprimand yourself for being a smartass.
- Wonder if the word “smartass” will be filtered.
- Wonder if the reader will know the poster is talking about himself in regards to the “smartass” label.
- Edit the post to confirm it wasn’t filtered.
I tried is again yesterday with a key from the same map (Siptah) and it didn’t work again.
Today I went in with the same key and it worked. So that’s a total of three fails (one prior to the video itself, the video experience, and yesterday) and one success (today). I’ve seen this happen before too in the distant past - only on Siptah.
Also perhaps unrelated, but some Siptah vaults spawn 2 regular unlocked loot chests in the same position and I can access both of them by pressing F on the first one, then moving my mouse around to reveal the underlying one, and the “Loot All” on that one as well. That happens the most in the Eastern Fiend Vault with the 1st and second chests from the entrance.