Armor modifying idea

This is one of if not the best suggestion I have read here in a long time

Could even make it apply in a similar manner to war paints

1 Like

that’s a bad idea the ideal would be an armor for each class ejp the archer has an armor and the warrior other priests and magicians there is no so for the moment those are not counted

1 Like

i think they should still come with their default stat boosts, but should be able to change them, right no i rock the relic hunter armor and pants and the medium armer gloves and boots cause i need their stat boosts but i get left behind in def cause of it

1 Like

I like this Idea but the question how much work this would take but that would fix the problem some people have with the Silent Legion Armor.

I really like this idea. So many good armor designs in the game but I can’t use almost any of them due to the fixed stat bonuses.

Would also like options of adding “padding” to give cold resist or something similar to give heat resist.

Ok, stayed up way too late after reading this idea and made something of a crude mockup for how I think it could work. Please forgive the unpolished nature of the following image as I’m not good at these kinds of things but hopefully it helps illustrate the idea,

So quick breakdown of the different slots:

ALTERATION: This is basically the slot for all the existing armor modifications in the game (Armor Plating, Reinforcement Kit, Armor Reduction Kit, Armor Flexibility Kit, etc.)

ENHANCEMENT: This slot is used for the attribute bonus modifications which would be added with this system. Potentially craftable at the firebowl cauldron.

LINING: This is where you put the environmental modifications, fur or insulated lining for cold weather protection and reduced or light linings for heat protection.

My idea for this is that when you craft the armor the Enhancement and Lining slots come already filled with mods that are equivalent to how the armor currently is on live. You can’t remove modifications but you can replace and overwrite them so if you craft or find a better enhancement or lining you’ll be able to apply it over top the old ones and get the new stats instead. Same goes for the Alteration slot where you can replace the alterations you add with different or better ones down the line.

Anyways that’s about it, let me know what you guys think.

7 Likes

This is a very good idea, I hope a Dev takes a serious look at it. Well done.

1 Like

I too hope the devs see this. Its a good idea from Deenol.

This is one of the best ideas i have heard in a long time!

Then you could make the upgrades dependent on the named Thralls, that would be amazing and way easier to balance.

Devs get on this! like now! :smiley:

1 Like

This is, in my opinion (as well as others i can see) an incredibly great idea… It would fix the monotony of people running around in very specific armors, thinking of one specifically myself ofc but thats besides the point, and would really give a possibility of all armors being used, instead of most just being thrown to the side, because their statbonus sucks…

I would like to see a slot for the heat/cold too.

1. the current system is illogical (zamorian nothing-ness gives you a warm buff)… nonsense.
  2. There is no cold resist encumbrance armor in the game.

So if we could mix and match these that would be coolest thing in this game.
3 slots in total:
1 for the stats bonus we want to assign.
1 for the cold or hot protection upgrade
and 1 for the useability upgrade (flexibility, armorplating, reinforcement…etc the current ones)

this way I could make my relic hunter’s armor have vitality bonus for the farmer spec have and I could get SM and Blackice en masse with that gear :smiley:

1 Like

Best idea for a new armor system I’ve seen so far.

Don’t like this. Being able to differentiate players by the look of their armor is a core feature of the game.

There is. If you are ready to pay for it.

Core feature of the PVP smallpart of the game!
in single player or in PVE and even in PVE-C while PVE hours on… absolutely no need for anybody that the armor should be differentiated by the looks.

BTW on PVP almost everyone wears Silent legion armor so no real need to “show” the armor there too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyway by what you just said: Is the Khitan stuff a paywalled core feature now? :smiley: shame on you Funcom.

1 Like

There is no need just because you don’t have a “stat dilemma” in that kind of environment. I am wearing zamorian thief armor set in my single player game just for the looks. I am still able to overcome EVERY challenge.

1 Like

It is not about overcomming. Almost all thing can be done on level 30 naked with stone tools… it is just a matter of skill.

I am playing PVE on official server so no access to server settings no multipliers, no extra points …etc.

For the encumb 50 viable build (I.e. vit 30 and survi 20) I need to have the exiles armor’s +9 bonus to achieve.

And I am sick and tired of the looks of it. (it is great but I like a bunch of other armor waaay more)
Can’t have them because that way I do not have enough point. You see?

also everywhere beside PVP there is absolutely zero need to match the armor for a stat. and PVP is just one piece in the puzzle.
Dungeon bosses wouldn’t be threaten by your looks no matter what armor you wear. starmetal won’t melt only by looking at you…etc. So ONLY another player needs to see and have to recognize what you wearing and only in that particular situation if you can fight with each other ie.: only PVP is where these kinda quality of life changes would not be good.

But the game itself if fortunately much more than just PVP.

if we don’t even count PVE-C mode there are 2 (PVE,Single player) other modes that could use this and only 1 (PVP) mode which couldn’t you see ? ONLY the Minority of the game! not the whole game as you suggested :smiley:

What kind of set are you willing to use with this build?

I love this, would also work for weapons as well since bows have an issue of arrows overwriting weapon enhancements on bows

1 Like

willing? ANYTHING but the standard Exiles which is the only one (beside paywalled items) that can give you 9 encumbrance.

My belowed armor by looks is the EPIC FLAWLESS zamorian armor but that one is only good for the usles (for fun only) 50 agility build.

Well would be good if we could make it in EPIC quality… but Irniz refuses to show her recipes on the improved bench (I suspect bug)

But I could use ANY armor because watching the exiles ones for 900h so far is kinda boring after that time. :smiley:
preferably light or at max medium armor. and in cold and in warm protected version as well.
So yes that armor system modification Ansler proposed would be the best solution for a lot of things. (could even beat the clonewars effect on PVP servers.)

tbh for cold I would use vanir stuff, to hot areas it would be for sure the Zamorian, or even the Zamorian dancer outfit. :smiley: (by the looks.)

This is an awesome idea.