It’s been brought up before but I’m not sure if this in particular has been suggested, and I don’t see any current threads about it so here’s a new one.
Currently I think the armor system is pretty limiting. As an artist, I like to mix and match armor pieces for asthetic reasons in every game I’m able to. However to do this in CE messes with the temp system and makes the stat bonuses virtually pointless. You’re forced to wear whole specific sets depending on what region you’re in and what stat bonuses you want.
Yes I know there are mods for this on PC, but for those of us on consoles that’s not an option.
So here’s my proposal…
Remove the temp and stat bonuses for all armors.
Give each piece 1 to 4 “mod slots” depending on level and quality.
Add in more craftable armor mods to replace those bonuses that can be attached like the current armor plating, weight reduction, etc.
Each armor piece would retain its current defense, weight, and durability.
This would make things much more versatile, and open up a lot of possibilities for experimenting. Everyone wouldn’t all be wearing the same thing all the time.
- you could put all your temp mods into 2 pieces and put stat mods on everything else, so you only have to carry a couple extra pieces when traveling between regions and not whole sets.
- you could have 2 sets of your favorite armor, 1 each for cold and hot weather.
- you could have your favorite armor set up with the stats you need for the build you want (Darfari armor in the north with an encumbrance build? No problem)
- you could mix pieces from different sets with dyes to create a unique style, while still having the bonuses you need.
- you could forgo temp mods altogether and just use stat mods to make yourself the ultimate badass.
So what say you, fellow exiles?