Armour temp bonuses not working correctly

The point is that it is possible to have clothing be better against one temperature and worse than naked against another. The example was extreme to make the concept more obvious, but the underlying concept is still the same.

It works in the other direction as well. Wearing a sweater in winter is going to be better than being naked. Wearing a sweater in summer is going to be worse than being naked.

Yā€™all are too interested in coming up with stupid little examples instead of the fact that Iā€™m complaining about the severity of the difference between naked or clothes. I realise that some clothing is going to be worse than not wearing anything. Just that the effects are to severe. Yes wearing my metal armour is going to be colder than being naked but frostbite with clothes and just cold with none is my issue. Not the whole mechanic just the disparity between the two. No magic clothes :man_facepalming:t2: Iā€™m aware itā€™s a game :joy: and itā€™s not a big bother.

1 Like

Wearing a stocking cap in summer is going to make you overheat. Wearing a sweater, stocking cap, insulated underwear, sweat pants, and winter coat is most likely going to give you heat stroke.

Youā€™re basically doing the later in the game if you are wearing an entire set of the wrong temperature gear. Thatā€™s why the effects are so extreme.

If you want a milder effect wear something without temperate effects or mix and match them.

lol I give up. Continue with your specific examples that are nothing like the in game situation Iā€™m referring to :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It is exactly like the in game situation. Youā€™re wearing an an entire set of winter gear to a summer environment and wondering why are getting heatstroke and vice versa.

In the cold you want clothing that traps heat near your body. It keeps the temperature near your skin warmer than the ambient temperature, and that helps keep your internal temperature higher and minimizes the affects of the cold on your body.

In a hot environment, you want clothing that specializes in directing heat away from your body. If you wear something that transfers heat away from your body quickly, it lowers your internal temperature because of the way heat energy wants to reach equilibrium. Wearing something like that in a cold environment is going to make you even colder.

But Iā€™m not wearing anything like that. Now do you understand. My situation could t be further from the one your describing. Like I said just let it go for Peteā€™s sake.

Itā€™s nothing like it ughhjn :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::joy::joy::joy:

Iā€™m in the snow getting frost bitten wearing normal Yamatail 1 bar heat armour and improving to cold when I remove it. This is not right. Either keep up or please stop commenting.

You are wearing Yamatai Demon Armour. The game says that armor is good against heat. That means it is good at directing warmth away from the body. In the cold, directing heat away from your body makes you colder than being naked.

It doesnā€™t matter how it happens. It doesnā€™t matter how the armor looks as the devs have stated they pick temp resistances based of game balance rather than looks or lore. The concept is a real one, as I and others have already explained, even if it doesnā€™t match the looks of the gear.

Ok than my dude you wear nothing into the middle of the desert or snow and Iā€™ll wear the wrong sort of covering but still have the elements off my skin. We will see who dies of exposure first :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Okay, I will stand in the snow naked. You stand in the snow while getting sprayed with a garden hose (water covering).

You might come back as a Zombie.

And I understand the mechanics of the temp stats for armour. I certainly donā€™t need it explained to me like you seem to need the actual effects of weather and exposure of your bide self to extreme elements. Bottom line is that itā€™s too far apart. From one end of the scale to the other is far to much.

Who is getting sprayed with water???

At this point your just dribbling garbage just go away please lol

:smirk:

Water is a ā€œcovering,ā€ which is the exact word you used.

Water is an element not something you wear :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2: Iā€™m done with you just please go away.

WE put too much thought into it? Most of us said it is a game mechanic, very wimple thought process. You are the one arguing it doesnā€™t make realistic sense.

Heā€™s just here to nitpick a game mechanic he doesnā€™t like.

Shouldnā€™t feed the trolls anymore.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:t2: No Iā€™m not. Your the troll got anything real to add to the debate?? Another one that can just go away!!