Arrows are way to OP!

What’s the DPS on that item? LOL!

And I haven’t seen one vocal supporter of nerfing call for buffing things that got nerfed too far with as much zeal as the original calls for nerfing…not one PVPer that I saw called for Lifeblood to get buffed because FC went too far and most recently not one PVPer has called for Lighting to get a buff because FC went too far. Although I did see some say it was cut too far but dared not to call for a rebuffing of the spell. It’s not about the mechanics or balance but about defending the status quo and anything that disrupts this is “OP”. It’s that obvious when the cries are only one direction.

5 Likes

You just contradicted yourself… stop spinning things into your own justification.

Again you are saying it’s up to the players to balance the game. So we are supposed to ask them to buff it just a little bit after it takes months to nerf something that they clearly made to powerful… come on now you are acting childish

End of the day funcom will nerf things way to much and that is not our fault in the least… it’s called balance my friend and it’s clearly not what the company is good at.

Actually you just misquoted and cherry picked.

It’s not balanced though so clearly I should see the exact same people that were crying for nerfing of LS to get right back out there and create teh 20-50 threads/week about how FC isn’t doing their job right and they are risking loosing players…I mean if balance was truly the goal, I should see the exact same reaction when FC pendulum swings too hard…correct?

No I just want moral honesty out of folks vs pulling this virtue signalling BS spin. It was NEVER about balance but about maintaining status quo and almost every cry of “OP” of new features should be viewed with extreme skepticism because, at the heart of it all, its completely selfish nature of the complaint. Is that too hard to ask for?

1 Like

I believe that. Too few of the ones who r declared pvp ers in here and r constant posters r whinners…

2 Likes

He is not… Even pvp players that consider themsleves as “top tiers” never complained about crucial stuff like duping … Only after a major wipe of their bases come and cry here on forums …
What most of the pvp comets cry for is to nerf something they cannot counter… After the item being nerfed, they do not care as they return to their own comfort place…

I really hope that fc will hear the plea and will separate the two modes…

No… they are saying pretty much exactly what I just pointed out in another thread:

And that’s just how it is… To some degree I understand it, because PvP can be annoying and you lose your temper and immediately have a “knee-jerk” reaction… but I never see people come back and be like… "Hey… I sort of jumped the gun on this cuz I was annoyed, sorry… "

I am going to step in here. Arrows are not op. There is no crafting bonus to arrows from carpenter thralls that are not Fletchers. The best arrows with the highest damage to your health do 20 points of damage. Arrows are not op, and I highly doubt they will be nerfed. Yes, I looked at all of the arrows you can craft at the carpenter’s bench with and without a thrall that is not a Fletcher since I do not have one.

There are many factors to the amount of damage done by an arrow. How is your character speced? Which bow are you using? They both add to the damage done by that arrow. With the proper selections in agility, you can add 25% damage to that arrow.

You ask why I mentioned a crafting bonus. Let me show you.

This is the best bow that you can craft. It is a Legendary weapon that you can get the recipe for by completing the Wine Cellar dungeon. Note that It does 25 points of health damage.

After crafting the bow with a named thrall that is a Bowmaker, I get a 6-point bonus to the health damage. As shown, it does 31 health damage.

The net result is that when I shoot an alligator, it stops moving. If I had speced my charter properly in agility, I could do an additional 25% damage. If I had a Fletcher, I would get an additional bonus from that as well.

What you are asking for the developers to do is to nerf more than just the arrow. You want them to nerf Fletchers, Bowmakers, and your agility.

2 Likes

I think they were specifically talking about the explosive combination effect of gas + explosive arrow - which aren’t affected by these bonuses - however I agree that arrows are good finally, they used to be quite bad, but now with 3.0 archery finally got a nice buff and I’m really liking it

Same! My archer pvp build isn’t just a gimmick anymore, but an actually viable way to play and I’m excited by this change

1 Like

Oil and explosive damage is nothing compared to the continuing fire damage of the combination. The thralls on my walls are equipped with various arrows to maximize the damage done. It keeps unwanted visitors away. All of the special arrows only do 7 points of health damage. The blunted arrow does 1 point. It is the continuing damage from the effects of the poison, not the arrow. Carry an antidote for poison.

Now, if the developers would just do something about the myopic and deaf thralls…

5 Likes

Yes please…

1 Like

The best defense is a good offense.

Next!

You must have @barnes and my posts on ignore then. We have stated many times they over correct.

1 Like

i believe they are talking about dmg to buildings specifically, not player damage

Nerf the PVP forum posts, they’re too OP :crazy_face:

I wish I could say that was completely tongue in cheek, but there’s way too much truth in it. I’m so tired of people who can’t cut it coming here to request that whatever in-game element gave them even the slightest boo-boo should be nerfed, limited, disabled, or removed.

It’s even bleeding over into PVE-C now.

And when you get enough people to cry loudly on the forums, Funcom caves in and we get some crappy nerf to deal with, only to have someone else come whining literally the very next day about the next “meta” and how it should be nerfed.

Nerf PVP.

4 Likes

I did 2 test shots with an explosive arrow, a T3 foundation, and a grease orb.

First test:
Explosive arrow by itself. I used a single foundation and made sure I was far enough away from my base not to get the decay timer off of those structures.

No noticeable damage to the health of the building piece.

Second test:
Same setup with the addition of a grease orb.

Again no noticeable damage to the foundation with the explosive arrow and a grease orb.

In the past, I tried killing a rotbranch using a combination of poison and explosive arrows. Unfortunately, due to the creature’s size and the low amount of fire and other damage I was causing, it was healing faster than I could damage it.

I did some tests with poison arrows and explosive arrows separately and together.

Poison arrows by themselves do not do so much damage, 7 points. However, the poison has a cumulative effect that lasts for a set amount of time and will continue to do damage even after you run out of the cloud.

Explosive arrows are just that, and they are like hand grenades. Fire a poison arrow and follow with an explosive arrow, and you get a giant fireball. The player of NPC will still be taking poison damage. They will also get damaged by the fire caused by the gas when the explosive arrow detonates.

My takeaway is this. The arrows themselves do not do much damage. You have to add the cumulative damage from poison, fire, or both to that damage. Then you have to add the damage the bow used does. You also get benefits from your attributes that will add to the damage you do.

My best advice is to stop asking for something to be nerfed. Start carrying a poison antidote in case you need it. The same applies to healing wraps.

I don’t think you have building damage enabled there though!

In any case, they were talking about:
This:

Plus this:

The gas igniting and creating a secondary explosion.

You do realize most people don’t even agree with these threads. I mean arrows are op?? Hardly anyone jumped on board because it’s just not even a issue. This is a forum there will always be opinions you won’t agree with and people who will get on your nerves. At a certain point though the ones complaining about the complainers are whining just as much.
Please I know you are a smart guy so you should really understand when I say this… the players may make a stink but it it the company that ruins the item or mechanic.
So many jaded people in this forum it’s actually funny. While there are pvpers who choose toxicity and nerf there are also many of us who play pvp with a bit more “honor” and actually care about the health of the mode. You can all get mad all you want but there will be new players in here all the time complaining about something so maybe instead of chasing them you can focus on the target that makes all the decisions.

Yes, I did test that. I did not want to overload the post with screenshots.

Yes, I had fun with all of them, even the poor dude stuck in the tent in this camp.

1 Like

I’ve been on these forums for years now. I’ve seen Funcom cave into some really WTF-worthy demands from people that are literally unhinged, and I don’t use that word lightly. There’s probably someone else around here, beside me, who remembers the dude who screamed for Nemedian to be nerfed and then accused detractors of being “the kind of people who encourage others to run stop signs and run over children” (paraphrasing, because it was much less coherent than that). And guess what? Funcom announced they were going to nerf the Nemedian, and sane people had to scream louder to make them rethink it.

So yeah, that’s why I sometimes jump on the Nerf Brigade threads.

Yes, I know. I’ve often said that myself on these forums. However, everyone has their breaking point. I’ve pretty much reached mine.

Sure, it’s ultimately Funcom’s fault if they nerf something with a sledgehammer, but that’s cold comfort. In the end, telling people “hey, how about we DON’T nerf something just because you didn’t like it” provides better outcomes than shrugging and saying “yeah, it’ll be fine”.

Oh, trust me, every single member of the Nerf Brigade is deeply convinced they care about the health of the mode, and the game in general. Didn’t you hear that PVP is dead? And that Conan Exiles is dying?

It’s not about “honor”, it’s about an entitled knee-jerk reaction.

Been chasing that target for years. Go on, guess how that’s been working out. I’ve lost count the number of times someone from Funcom went on a dev stream and said something along the lines “Yeah, you guys are right, we really should use a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer when changing things.” The only change those words have brought are the changes in the lineup: the next time you hear it, the face and the name that say it will be different, but the tune will be the same.

Same goes for “we promise to improve our communication”.

Eventually, you get tired of chasing a target you can’t catch, and you realize that you just have to be louder than the loud people.

3 Likes