Balancing and PVP changes coming with the release of The Isle of Siptah - Feedback thread

I love the offline raid protection!!!

1 Like

Animation locking is not nice. I think a more Dark Souls 2/3 approach to potions would be better ā€“ where healing is over the full duration of the animation while you have reduced movement speed.

For example, I drink an Estus in Dark Souls 2 and the healing takes place while the drinking animation plays out over the next 3 seconds. If I dodge anytime before the end of the animation, it cancels the remaining healing and I take what I got. This should apply for healing potions and bandages.

Healing potions sorta work like this. Thereā€™s a ā€œcast timeā€ and if you can get through that without taking damage, the hot triggers and is pretty strong.

Using a bandage locks you into an animation that prevents you from doing anything (except futz with items in your inventory) and the animation cannot be canceled.

Itā€™s very clear that pots are to be used in combat and bandages are to be used after.

Aloe soup and herbal tea still have heals, but Iā€™ve been told they also have animations now. I have not had a chance to check those out and those animations did not exist on testlive over the weekend.

1 Like

Thank you very much, this answers a few of my questions with how itā€™ll work. I havenā€™t had a chance to test things yet and probably wonā€™t for a few days. It would have been very helpful if the patch notes were a bit more verbose on how exactly and what exactly changed.

The changes to the armor sound like a good idea in principle, but I think they should be weighted heavier to one side or the other. It also doesnā€™t make any sense to have cold armor protect against heat AT ALL. Try wearing a parka in Death Valley and get back to me if you disagree.

One BIG problem Iā€™m having is that my heat and cold traps no longer seems to work, standing in the middle of eight fireplaces in flawless epic medium armor with Survival to the 2nd perk I donā€™t overheat! In the same armor I can go over and stand right next to 30 blue torches and not get extremely cold. Prior to the update both of these traps would cause either heatstroke or frostbite in moments no matter what armor you were wearing. This is a problem for me because part of my base defense rested on temperature traps that are now COMPLETELY USELESS.
UPDATE: I verified in single player that in flawless epic medium armor with zeroed stats I cannot make a heat trap with fireplaces. The highest the player temperature goes is ā€œHotā€. If I remove 2 items of armor I get to ā€œExtremely Hotā€.

1 Like

or just build so big you canā€™t raid it in 30 minutes and log off if attacked

I am too disappointed, I was really waiting for this and I bought the extension for it. You say that you are not changing the pvp system in the end which is sad. You think Pvp for 2 years was really Pvp ??? it was time to change things in the right direction ā€¦

As i said on another tread, i play since first early acces , 3 years now and 90% of time i have been raided offline. I think PVP mean, player Vs Player.

I was playing like 6 / day a week, most of time being afk at my base to just watch if someone raid us. Well its not funny and most of time they just wait the only day at 10pm when im not here to raid.
Stay online 7day/7 and 6 hour / day isnt fun and enemy just wait until THE day when you are not online.

All of this is the opposite of PvP.

I thought what you was trying was the best idea, pvp with offline protection during the week, this means if you want pvp you can, with everybody online and enjoy the game when you play. And PvP Primetime friday and saturday with total War.

And then Sunday building damage off to just chill, fight for fun like arena or savage pvp, farm and rebuild to be ready for the nextweek.

THIS, is PvP, THIS is fun, THIS is a game. Until now it was all about who gonna sleep less and stay online longer before being offline raidā€¦

Today I connect impatiently, I cross someone, I tell myself that I will be able to fight and that we will be able to raid, that the release of the extension will be fun and no ā€¦ nothing to change ā€¦ . no fun during the day, only farming, and every night of the week it will take afk at its base to be sure not to be raid offline. I donā€™t have time to stay connected every night from 6 p.m. to midnight. Nobody has it ā€¦

3 Likes

You donā€™t even need survival. Just put on flawless guardian armor. It completely maxes out all temperature resists just like god breaker. So now even godbreaker with its high material costs is uselessā€¦ just get flawless guardianā€¦

I really do love this game but man it is so damned frustrating how they are constantly breaking so many things. Do they ever fully test things before release?!?!

I think Emotes cancel bandage animation.

Armor changes and interface updates for Crafting are great updates.

Loss of Soothing Healing acceptable

Loss of Entertainer Regeneration. ah, fine, I guess.

Sated healing when food is at 92%, sure.

Animations for healing items, which can be interrupted, sure, more action packed.

All Food Healing removed?. not so sure about that, even aloe soup?

So many changes in the healing really seems to remove some of the enjoyment

Please consider allowing Entertainers or Soothing healing inside structures?
Or some of the Food Healing to be reconsidered.

I bought all of the DLC, and IoS, because the game has been enjoyable up to now. but when I start spending more than half the time playing at half health, inside my own building, that is too much of a time sink.

I hope some of these changes are rethought, so that those of us who like the adventure of the game are allowed to continue to play.

Iā€™m sure this will gather some flames, but I have seriously enjoyed this game up to this release. I was even considering running a server for friends to play on. but now I am considering requesting a refund.

5 Likes

Finding the healing changes to be a confusing mess for most players on our server. The animations make attempting to heal a little in combat (ie: boss fight) pointless. I feel like I am WAY more dependent on my thrall than I was a couple days ago. As though my purpose is just to dodge/block while she fights. Finding it more difficult to heal the thrall at all now as well. Healing arrows do nothing for them or me, if they do itā€™s so small I donā€™t catch it. Various foods in their inventory seem to tick it up a tad. Tbh if I canā€™t heal myself properly, or my thrall, then there are a few dungeons, etc, noone is going to want to go in anymore. I guess I donā€™t understand why such a change was even necessary, and the animations seem poorly thought out. Healing becomes costly, slow, encourages thrall dependence which for me makes the game alot less fun. I would prefer to be less dependent on a thrall and do more myself tbh.

I was very excited about the Temp changes, but atm I canā€™t figure out exactly how they are intended to work. Players are dying in the volcano in armor that was perfectly suited to there before, 9 bar heat protection shown in stats. Complaints of dying from heatstroke or cold in their bases, etc. Need a more detailed resource to explain these changes and exactly how armor and building temp protections behave now.

1 Like

I am sorry to say this but the method of communication on this issue has been a train wreck. Your official blog said something, your first update said another thing and after scrolling through tens of user comments I see another updateā€¦ What the hell man?

I prefer playing this game on a PvP server but only with my brother, not a huge clan of strangers, and the only thing that made us quit the game after 1.5k hours spent was the offline raiding part. And with this update you told us ON YOUR OFFICIAL BLOG POST that you will bring DYNAMIC BUILDING DAMAGE setting to official servers. We liked the idea, bought the DLC as it came out and never bothered with the forums as not all of us has the time to read through every personā€™s own ideas. However, come the day, you do not deliver what you promised and you change it frequently without any proper communication.

I am very disappointed and angry. I liked the ideas you were implementing, but you canā€™t even get your sheet together in a week. I donā€™t even understand what the current situation is regarding this system. Is it on? Will it be removed? Can raid on Wednesdays for example? What? Whatā€™s the official status? Do I need to hire a private investigator to get the correct answer?

3 Likes

I think(my opinion) it is because people were complaining about their opponents evading after taking damage during a PVP fight and then using their heals, healing up, then coming back into the fight and beating them. You know, basically the ā€œrunning away and fast healingā€. Some people just donā€™t realize that eating food alone does not fast heal nor does just using the tea or the soup. You either have to do food+soup/tea or double down on the soup/tea and then thereā€™s the other part of itā€¦ if you have at least 40 points into your Vitality score then youā€™re going to get better healing results. Biggest problem I see is that thereā€™s a lot of people that just donā€™t bother to buff with fish, potions(whatever) and also use the war paints and use appropriate armors to maximize the efficiency of their fighter builds. But of course this just my opinion that there was never anything wrong with the healing to begin with.

RE: HEALING ANIMATIONS

(For @Ignasi, accidentally sent it to myself :crazy_face:) Having now re-read my contributions and concerns which I raised earlier in the thread regarding the new Healing Animations (posts no.100 & 106) I had a realisation. Although I illustrated what I percieve to be potential problems impacting upon Singleplayers and online Solo players, I failed to offer any kind of helpful suggestions or feedback which may remedy this. So I shall now offer this one last piece of direct feedback stating how I personally feel that this problem can be overcome.

The problems which the Healing Animations present for Singleplayers, much like the ā€˜Momentumā€™ system before it, can be directly attributed to movement penalties it applies. And the problem is that for Singleplayers, our movement and manouvereability are the only thing which keeps us competitive in the game, viable as a mode of play, and allows us to overcome vastly superior numbers and opponents. To be be clear here, I am NOT in total opposition to the Healing Animations being implemented, only one component of them.

Here is the thing. At this point the new Healing Animations already remove our ability to: I) attack using a weapon, II) to defend using a shield, AND III) to evade using a dodge. Thus I ask you, do we really need to suffer either a massive, or complete loss of all movement on top of thatā€¦!? It is just a case of overkill. The way I see it, not counting Mounts, we currently have 3 movement speeds whilst on foot. They are:

Walking speed (aka ā€˜overencumberedā€™):

Walking1

Jogging speed:

Jogging1

Running/Sprinting speed:

Running1

What I propose is that short of removing the movement penalties, we adjust the movement penalties while healing to either a) Jogging speed for both potions and bandages, OR b) jogging speed for potions and walking speed for bandages. This would allow Singleplayers to retain the manouverability which they need to remain competitive, while still offering a movement advantage to the PvPer who is NOT undergoing the healing process. Although I am not a man who likes to use the realism card, it would also be realistic. Case in point, just watch any video of an Ironman drinking water while in the running leg of the event. You will seldom ever see them slow down to a walk to rehydrate. And I assure you that I would be even less likely again to slow to a walk if a giant snake is hot on my heels!

So to recap, I do not explicitly object to the healing animations being implemented into the game. However, when we consider the other 3 penalties now in-place while healing, I believe that we need to either scale back or remove the movement penalties while healing.

Faithful out.

6 Likes

Yeah, the variety of food has been one of those neglected corners of Conan Exiles design, gathering dust and cobwebs. There were some recipes that were useful, but in general, the variety seemed to be there for no other reason than to have some variety. I mean, how many people were crafting oyster omelette or salted berries or feast of Jhebbal Sag on a regular basis? The idea seems to be ā€œletā€™s throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticksā€.

Itā€™s not really a reason to revert to the old system, but it would definitely be nice if they gave the food and drinks a little love.

1 Like

Honest word. I just edited the post to link to all recipes. I only explored that variety because I started playing on a private server, with mods that let me put food on plates and let people buy food.

Man, I already miss Pippi and LBPR on Siptah officials, and I have a feeling Iā€™ll miss Emberlight and Savage Steel soon enough.

Say what? Feast of Jhebbal Sag was one of the best healing items in the game. We crafted and used it in PvP a lot as well.

Thatā€™s kinda what happens with ā€œthrow stuff at the wall and see what sticksā€ approach. The variety is not bad or useless. But most people donā€™t bother with most of the stuff.

For example, my preferred food in Exiled Lands before the change ā€“ I havenā€™t yet gone back since the change ā€“ used to be cooked abysmal meat. Similar to aloe soup, it gave me two healing buffs, and sated some thirst and hunger. Most people prefer aloe soup, because it does all that, but better. I happen to prefer cooked abysmal meat because I get ichor from cooking it and I use it for T3 builds.

Now, I play PVE-C. You play PVP. I donā€™t know how many people in PVP prefer feast of Jhebbal Sag, but in all the time I played PVE-C, Iā€™ve never heard anyone say they canā€™t live without it.

Again, Iā€™m not contradicting you here. Youā€™re right about what you said. But the point is that the variety of food is basically a bunch of experiments by the game designers, some of which are wildly popular (aloe soup), some of which have a fringe following (cooked abysmal meat), and some of which are useless for any practical purpose and are simply used for RP (oyster omelette).

And with the healing changes, the usefulness of this variety has been upset and will probably need a bit of work from the game designers.

1 Like

Well, they reverted their changes because too many people were having host fits on the forum about it. Some of us were trying to talk up the changes and how they might bring players back, but I guess there were more of them than us.

3 Likes

I like it too. Much more difficult and now I have to think more about how to ā€œsolveā€ a particular ā€œproblemā€ rather than just Leroy Jenkins the map.

3 Likes