Base Purged heavily, Purge bar stays full

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official]
Type of issue: | Bug |
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP
Region: [North America]

[Describe the bug here]

Eastern Jungle location. The lower level of my Tier 3 base was destroyed by “Snake”, including my Maproom, but my Purge bar remains nearly full. This happened while I was Offline of course as most purges do. The purge snake seems overpowered to me.

Sorry for your loss, Blade.

Is it possible that ‘Snake’ was a player, and not a purge? Check your Event Log for the typical repetitive purge notices, there would have been many for that much damage.

Regards

jim

Ive had that too, it can be #1 Neighbour purge or #2 a boss pull. Ive had stairs and damage aswell with no neighbours having a purge…

Player damage is typically prefixed with “player_”. As in:

player_Rhino has destroyed wooden black-ice foundation wedge

If it was a creative, snarky player (as I have been many times), the Event Log would have showed “player_Snake.”

1 Like

While I fully agree with you, if @Bladesaint were to miss the preceding qualifier, it would satisfy the conditions he presented.

Perhaps a screenshot of the event log would help?

Regards

jim

1 Like

It was just ‘Snake’ and during a purge. No other activity before or after the purge time.

Good data, Blade, and thanks for clearing that up. I, too, have lost a base near the Pagoda, but it was T1 and they took everything while I was offline. 3 stories, maproom, all equipment; it was a fully functioning level 60 base reduced to sand. Unfortunately, again, T1, and fully exposed with few thrall defenses. I learned a valuable lesson and rebuilt T3 with plenty of thrall and pet defenses with exposure from two directions only.

I understand the loss and feel your pain; rebuilding will take a while, condolences.

Beyond that, what causes me concern, is that your purge meter did not get reduced (as mine did and does). Is there a possibility that offline purges are not registering? On a private online server, we eliminated offline purges so for me, at least, no testing is possible, thus I do not know how to help, sorry.

Regards

jim

Do you know if other players on your server did experience this meter problem ?
Saw this several time in the past, and it’s nasty when the meter wan’t reset, that’s a fact, but mostly server related if so. Try ask around.
I know, the snake purge can be owerhelming depending base and situation.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.