Basic Maelstrom mob ( Yakith) demon hound erasing T3 building pieces in one hit

Playing on official PVE-C and WTF ? With Maelstrom monsters damage to buildings - Yakith ( demon hound ) one of basis mobs one hitting T3 building Pieces … Not mention not de-spawning after leaving Maelstrom …

My base is outside of Maelstrom and some mobs chasing player’s left Maelstrom and ended up erasing pieces of it in one hit

2 Likes

Yep that’s the real problem - or the largest one, at least.

3 Likes

I would rather they they made the MOB damage a lot less but kept there ability to leave the storm and attack players and their bases. It would be a good way to implement a purge like mechanic for Siptah which the player end game loop needs especially for PvE. The storm should be threatening even when you are not in it. But yeah, I punch man demons is not good.

Do I remember right that you play exclusively singleplayer Subotai? Because if so, I think that may (naturally) inform your bias somewhat - because sure, that works great in SP, where there’s no other people. In a multiplayer environment, though, it works rather less well.

3 Likes

Even though I do play exclusively singleplayer, I still wouldn’t want this. For me, one of the best things about Siptah is ‘no more tower defense’ - of course, that’s just a personal taste issue, but I’m definitely in the ‘no purges (or pseudo purges) on Siptah’ side of the debate. That’s not to say Siptah is perfect for PVE/singleplayer presently, just that, for me, something replacing purges isn’t the answer. (Honestly, the map revolves too much around that darn storm anyway :wink: )

1 Like

I would also like to see them do less damage to T3. Right now it takes 410 building pieces for 3 skull bosses to spawn. Most people are cheating it by building 410 pieces outside the storm, and building a 1x1 foundation into the storm to get them to spawn. I feel like reducing the damage mobs do to T3, would give people more reason to build these 410 piece structures inside the storm at Funcom want us to build.

Yes just SP. I get that it’s a griefing issue. But so is stealing stuff through windows, blocking off brimstone, etc. Maybe it could be a server setting? Although some people seem to enjoy having a safe zone outside the storm for building, I really miss having to defend my base from purges. Building right now in the storm isn’t really an option for a main base even with no storm damage. I tried building just a platform in SP and was overwhelmed and wrecked and had to run away. I just think the storm should occasionally spit out some decent threats into the safe areas so you have to plan and set up some defenses.

2 Likes

Is that a bug? Because the server settings say 41, not 410:

And the tooltip says “number of blocks”:

41 for the base tier of mini boss monsters. The dudes with the sledgehammers.

Look further down, there is Elder Thing Siege Building Size Multiplier set to 1. the 1 is x10.

So You need 410 pieces to spawn the big bosses in the maelstrom.

Its in this video

1 Like

That’s very intuitive, Funcom :laughing:

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.