Best Strength Armor for Extreme temperatures?

So after 3.0, I’ve done Agility builds and for the volcano or cold I’ve had good results with the Skelos armor.

I’m curious what the equivalent is for strength builds? One key point is that I only wear medium or light armor.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I usually use ice/spiced food. It’s pretty armor independent

1 Like

You have to grind a lot if you want to go without mulled brew, which is actually easy to fix not so heavy and it can take you in without worrying of changing your armor! The armor piece you are looking for is the dragonscale helm. It’s medium and it exactly the reason @Kikigirl said the other day, funcom pls don’t nerf!

1 Like

Praise be dragonscale helm!

4 Likes

Yeah. the Dragonscale Helm doesn’t provide any stat bonuses, but its temperature resistances are so high, you can wear just about anything else.

For maximum +strength with maximum armor in medium, you could go for:

• Dune Hunter Turban (Siptah)
  • Voidforged Dragonbone Tunic
  • Silent Legion Medium Gauntlets
  • Kambujan Shaman Wrap
  • Kambujan Shaman Boots

That would give a total of +24% strength damage and +11/11 resistances. Those resistances aren’t super great though. If you swapped in the Dragonscale Helm, which might be a fine idea if you aren’t on Siptah or don’t have access to admin spawned items, you’d lose out on 6% strength damage, but gain +18/+19 to your resistances, for +29/30, which would be high enough to keep you out of lethal temperature ranges in both hot and cold areas.

1 Like

Thanks all — I discovered the Kambujan armor after creating this thread. I will look into the dragonscale helm though :slight_smile:

I forgot how cheap Skelos armor is to make though vs the other armors… :frowning:

Uhhhgggg didn’t realize the dragonscale helm was a Red Mother drop… Never had much luck with the rng with that dragon.

1 Like

No no no :slight_smile:
I’m here to nitpick. Dragonscale helm gives 20/20 resistances

There! Daily nitpicking done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could do a list, similar to your thrall lists, which states the environmental stats of armor pieces, nitpicker!
Sorry, I meant @Xevyr:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You can use “Chili Desert Style” (Feral Flesh / Salt / Spice), recipe at “Muriela’s Hop” for cold and ice for hot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… I suppose I could! Just to nitpick more I guess, that would be like epic nitpicking if I could point out multiple ones at the same time :joy:

Sadly my listing powers in this style only extend to basegame items :frowning:

1 Like

I know, but the Dune Hunter Turban gives +2/1. So you have to subtract the loss from the gain.
20/20 - 2/1 = 18/19

2 Likes

Still the mulled brew is better option because it recovers humidity too. These spiced meals are reducing humidity which gives you some extra survival troubles in really cold areas. I believe that this was the reason @SirDaveWolf long ago suggested aloe potions to restore humidity, but apparently it didn’t go well sadly! The meal that you buy from Buccaneers bay was fantastic too, it use to cost 5 gold coins and it was giving you extra Vitaliy too. But now, tho it’s cheaper 5 silver coins, it’s extremely heavy and i cannot understand the reason!

Nevertheless, very interesting and helpful. Thank you! :smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.