Is there any sort of bug fixing still going on for the beta client?
The Texture resolution settings simply don’t work.
It always runs in low resolution mode, wich makes the improved engine utterly pointless.
I also noticed three oddities in this regard.
1. The old client has 3 lines in the prefs.xml regarding texture settings:
<Value name="DisplayCompressedTextures" value="false" />
<Value name="DisplayOtherTextureQuality" value="3" />
<Value name="DisplayTextureResolution" value="2" />
The new client makes no entry in the pref.xml related to texture resolution at all.
In fact i searched all the config files in the user folder and there is no texture setting stored anywhere
EDIT: Found the Variable, see replies.
2. When i switch texture resolution settings in the launcher, the dropdown list for Anisotropic Filtering greys out.
- This is curious because Anisotropic Filtering shouldn’t have anything to do with the resolution of the textures. It hints at there being a bug in the launcher.
3. When i click through the texture resolutions ingame, i see the sky flicker for a frame or two.
- It seems to register my click. But it always shows the same, mushy, low res textures.
Some aditional Information:
- System Specs: CPU-Z Validation Link
Steps i took:
- Complete reinstall with fresh download of (beta) AO client from my account page
- Completely deleted funcom folder in user directories multiple times during testing
- Deleted profile in nvidia driver, tried without, then recreated a default one
- Tried adding the old resolution lines to beta client prefs.xml and set it to write protected
None of this made a difference.
EDIT2: Screenshots of the issue
This is the Old Client:
These are 3 shots from the Beta client on low/medium/high respectively