Better Buillding Placement and Sorting

I realize that your intention is to make a suggestion for the base game. As such, here are my thoughts and/or mod alternatives.

• Arrows on Foundations. Walls on Foundations. Possible now with a mod - LBPR. Wall overlapping Foundations, existing code supports and could be added in. But isn’t for unknown reasons, balance, performance, etc? No idea, I can only speculate (and yes, I’m aware there are methods to do it anyways). Either way, Funcom could have had added this in a long time ago, but maybe are choosing not to for internal reasons. As for Arrows on buildings, more code would be necessary.

• Pillars on Corners: Possible now with Arena Pier and Glass Constructions and More. I haven’t messed with the concept (yet), but I don’t see a perfect solution to editing the current Pillars to support this idea. You would have to add more sockets to the Pillars, or Foundations/ceilings. Could that have unintended consequences? Maybe, possibly, even likely.

• Placeable Snapping - Various mods offer this in some sort of fashion as alternative pieces or their own unique placeables. No viable way to do so in Vanilla without a whole lot more code.

1. You would need to add code so that it supported placing placeables via both snapping and non snapping. Game code currently doesn’t support this at all (I’m not talking Pillars, those are buildings. I’m talking about Placeabes, totally different). The only solution offered right now is via a blueprint node that would result in a floating placeable if the thing that it is attached to is destroyed.

2. You would need to add code so that players can turn on and off the snapping options at any time. And only for placeables so it cannot be abused. And you would have to limit it to a few placeables at most. In LBPR - Additional Improvements I am adding more snappable placeables as alternatives to the normal ones. However the system could be abused to clip the placeable through things it shouldn’t be possible to do. I don’t care because LBPR is intended to let players do that anyways. Not a good idea for vanilla.

• Wheel of Pain Snapping - Would have to play around with this one, but I have a feeling what would happen is the system would let you snap it to just 1 foundation. A bunch of code would have to be added for this criteria if that was the case.

• Categorization gets mentioned a lot. It was discussed during the last live stream.