In our ongoing effort to make sure we take your suggestion, input and feedback into consideration for our development and road-maps we would also like to focus on Quality of Life Changes and improvements specifically for building.
That means everything that would make it easier for you to build and place structures.
That does not include new building pieces but mechanics to help you build easier.
We will remove suggestions/replies that are not directly linked to what we are looking for. In these cases, please don’t think we don’t value your input but consider making a separate thread for non QoL related issues. It just makes it easier for us to collect the relevant feedback for the team.
We’ve already noted down suggestions which would fit into this category:
- Option to pick up all place-ables if inventory is empty
- Able to see directional indicator (for ie wooden planks and patterns) before placing (link)
- Shrinking the Capsule around the map room
- Dyeing/Painting of Buildings
- Improve snapping (link)
- Reduce Collision box of tamed dancer thralls (link)
- Prevent workstations from being placed inside other structures. (link)
- Add touchpad scrolling for fast exploring items on consoles.
- More uses for the repair hammer (i.e. reduce repair costs with higher tier hammer) (additional ideas here)
- Consider binding awning feats to their respective roof tiers. (link)
- Fix issues where the building system would not let you align easily due to “not aligned enough with the ground” leading to not properly aligned place-ables. (link)
- Larger Foundation Types (link)
- Option to zoomout more, similar to overhead view.
- preview for thrall crafting stations to determine where thralls are facing.
- Better and more logical grouping/sorting including filters (link)
We would like to check with you if there are any other suggestions you have that would make building more convenient and easier. Feel free to add to this thread and we will collect the suggestions and take them back to the team.
Please keep in mind that we can’t implement every single suggestion for one reason or another (technical most probably) but we promise to look at them and consider/discuss your input.
As always, thank you very much for being part of our community and your ongoing support and feedback