Bleed weapons inconsistent

Firespark arrows and some weapons like Scythe of Thag will only apply one stack of bleed and will refresh that stack but not increase it. If you use daggers/war axe to apply bleed you will notice that they are two separate bleed debuffs that don’t interact. This seems to be affecting only weapons only added later in the games life.

1 Like
  • Reduced the base duration of bleed effects to 8s (down from 20s). This should allow bleed effects to be shed easily in PvP while still allowing for the same damage potential in PvE as long as the effect is maintained.
  • Bleed effects applied by special weapons will no longer stack with bleed effects from combos and will no longer stack up multiple times.
3 Likes

So that means the grey one weapons’ and the annoying shard’s special effects will be unnoticeable?

And firespark arrows to be not worth crafing (for their price, they will be useless wit that 1 DPS bleed DoT).

Decreasing the duration of bleed is fine, but almost completely killing of a whole special effect is nonsense to me.

2 Likes

I agree, the nerf is unwarranted and… weird. The bleed bonus on weapons is negligible now. And it’s somewhat weird to have two DoTs of the same name, with the same icon and with an identical effect, but not stacking.

1 Like

Yepp. Would make more sense if the additional bleed would count as a normal bleed.
There is 2 different bleed status effects because of the annoying shard, so you can make skeletons “bleed”, but I rather eliminate that one effect than make a whole weapon tier’s special effect obsolete.

It may seem a little odd at first, but after you realize what that separate indicator represents it makes perfect sense. It’s letting you know this bleed is from the special trait of this particular weapon. The other’s are the normal bleed effect from daggers or axes or whatever.

They have to be separate because that special bleed effect will not refresh the base bleed and vice versa.

1 Like

True

Okay now understanding what the reason is. This feels like a pretty insane nerf. It feels like they wanted to strip it but didn’t know what to replace it with. Also the “Annoying Shard” axe can still stack two stacks of bleed basically which caps out at 47dps unlike say Jhebbal Sag’s Prowl which now has 2 more dps than normal daggers instead of stacking bleed twice as fast. Also btw Annoying Shards “Gouging” also effects undead for 20 max dps which is just bonkers.

Weapon Damage.
the new balance is to bring other weapons back into the fold.
Feroxic will probably be next, as poison stacks can kill a player in mere seconds if they don’t carry stacks of cures.

I really hope so. Poison has become extremely centralizing. Set religion is all but required. Cleansing weapons are more available, but that is still slower than an animation-less potion.

I feel like they were trying to shake us out of a STR VIT meta with the mass introduction of DoTs. If SUR had better combat relevant perks they may not have been such an issue.

Imagine poison immunity came at 20 SUR? Instant shift in the build meta.

1 Like

if they would move the harvesting perk back to 2, and make 3 the immunity perk I would be okay with DoT. maybe make 4th a 50% less temp resist perk l. That way people could build against poison and not be paper targets.

2 Likes

I agree, DoTs would be much less of an issue if we treated 30 SUR as the “standard” defense setup for PvP. Kind of how 30 VIT is now.

It would keep the weapons as strong boss fighting PvE weapons as well.

2 Likes

I always wished the third perk on each att would apply to differing highly used mechanics. Like 3 accuracy could 2x the the debuff stack. Ie instead of 1 bleed per strike, it is 2. Then you could build a DoT type character.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.