Bonfire has no land-claim radius?

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug | Performance]
Region: [AU/PAL]

I have a base set up on the southernmost shore at The Breach (G9), and decided to place a Bonfire where a large rock used to be to prevent it from respawning, except the rock still respawns on top of my Bonfire. Even with land-claim radius turned down lower than the default, a rock shouldn’t just respawn on top of a placeable.

Position of Bonfire.

Large rock in question respawning over Bonfire, as you can see light coming from it.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Break down rock because you no longer want it there.
  2. Place Bonfire right where the rock once was.
  3. Wait.
  4. See rock spawn on top of Bonfire.
2 Likes

Hey there @CrystalGoddess

We’re aware of this issue. It’s not exactly what you proposed on the title, but instead it’s placeables in general have a tendency to not block the respawn of flora and fauna.
Our team is aware of it and they’re looking into that.
Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I’ll need to actually build there, that rock is an eyesore, thanks for the help.

1 Like

Foundation walls, squares, and handful of other parts claim land, or despawn stuff.

I know the team is looking into it. BUT PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS!

I have land claim set to .33, and and making more objects despawn would just ruin half work I put in of keeping trees and other things near my base. =(

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.