Bow damage is too high

It happened a few months ago. And appears to be locked/delisted. They took it to DMs only after getting called out on their elitist exclusivity. Ironically they stated only true PVP happens on FC provided servers and many of them can no longer play on said servers.

By their own definitions they are all dirty PVE peasants now too.

1 Like

10x10 box? Lol. U dont even know what you talking about :rofl:

Not really. That’s what you assume. ;p

Someone should make a bingo card with all the elitist bullshіt we see in these threads. That way these attempts to silence people and shut down discussion would at least involve a little bit of fun.

I don’t know, because I wasn’t invited, since I don’t play on PVP servers. I could tell you who is likely to know, though, since I still remember the usernames of at least two people here who we floating around the idea of “getting organized outside forums”.

It’s not a conspiracy theory when you have people outright saying the quiet part aloud :wink:

5 Likes

Yes I was. It affected me the way that I liked to chill on officials between private server wipes. And that I lost that possibility.

And since I got banned for cheating I can more than ever say that FC dont know at all what they doing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks!

I can assure you that it either did not occur or it isn’t important enough in the community because it really would have got around XD

I remember that post now that you mention it. Don’t remember the people though O.O

I can definitely get on the bandwagon though that some ideas are just plain … Ugh… I’ll be nice.

I agree. As i do tire of “controlled” training as an example.of pvp. That is more closely duleing. Pvp in conan (raid servers especially) is uncontrolled, thus videos showing actual “in the wild” would be more accurate. And bows are not meant as a primary based on past streams. Bows can be op in the right hands, but so can daggers, spears, corrupted perks. The damage is not the issue, but allowing CQC perks to enhamce it is.

As well OP said theu had 48% armor. That means light, move up to medium with bulk plating, or gliding joints.

3 Likes

Sure. But spear, daggers will never be able do 2 hit someone :slight_smile: from distance especially.

This is the greatest one man nerf chorus since that ‘Nerf Deserters Gutter’ guy.

Sorry but while PvP mode is important and should be considered, it is not the only consideration. ALL modes of play must be considered when making balancing decisions. And right now in PvE and Singleplayer mode Bows are mighty weak and have very niche uses. Often 1 or 2 quick opening or ambush shots on a mob or camp of NPCs. But once they become alerted to your presence and all start to swarm you, they become a fools errand. But right now the two aforementioned modes have enemies with massive health pools of thousands of HP, some 15,000+ hp for World Bosses. Nerfing Bows would only further reduce their already limited viability in PvE.

There is part of your problem right there. You are unwilling to even experiment with other loadouts. The game’s entire Attribute system is designed so that people will utilise different builds, not just stubbornly stick with one which does not seem to be working for them.

That is what you marked as a ‘Solution’!? Ah so the ‘problem’ is the problem which I alone have found and reported which only I have come forth to complain about, and the ‘solution’ is whatever I wanted the solution to be from the get go.

No nerf, the games is not broken and you are not in an unwinnable situation. find a working solution. Some have already been put forward here.

4 Likes

This one needs a moment.
So much humour!

Someone who is complaining about being taken out by archers is saying others wouldn’t survive in real PvP.
This is the quality of trolling that keeps this one coming back to the forums. Where else is such comedy available?

Ayesh. So good.

To be certain, there are many aspects of PvP that could use a bit of fine tuning…
But “archery is OP” is probably the most novel suggestion in some time.

Perhaps this one should try an only feathers PvP run next. Not impossible. Explosive arrows can damage a base if they skim on their bubble and aren’t fully wedged or undermeshed. Gas and Smoke arrows can be used for diversion and soft cover. Healing arrows may confuse foes who aren’t old enough to remember when they were immortality clouds.
This one supposed the Abyssal Bow would be fair game, but that’s a lot of stamina loss for those stats…

What costume should this one wear?
Something radioactive bright green? Do we have anything that would be good as a Robin Hood or Green Arrow suit? Relic Hunter shirt, Zingaran tights, Black Hand boots, Lemurian mask?
This needs to be as painfully obvious as the bright blue and red for the goompa stomp run…

6 Likes

Idk, but I noticed that the Fiend set is pretty natural camo in a jungle setting :stuck_out_tongue: So if you shy away from the neon-green / orange / pink high-vis vests and decide not to give that much advantage to the enemy, then illusioning a black corsair set to this might be nice, ofc that might be a bit costly and very high risk to lose :slight_smile: so any old cheap alternative could also serve as the stat source

3 Likes

The point with the attribute system was that yes. But was executed poorly.

Str agi and vit perks are way stronger than any of the others.

I really want to agree with this out of principle. But when I look at what someone has to do in order to make that work (20pts in Strength vs elsewhere). I’m almost about to say let them have their damage. And the reason I say that is because of how niche and focused such a build has to be. Like its literally a sniper build. I mean sure they can carry a set of daggers and be dangerous in melee.

But that’s just it, they’re pure damage. They can’t do prolonged engagements. They can’t deny an area on their own. And the moment someone gets smart to what they are, all it takes is a bit of pressure and they fold like paper. Where as if you dump that 20 STR into Grit and Expertise, you can keep a volume of fire up that will more benefit your raid force than occassionally getting a 2-shot on poorly equipped foes. To quote the Fat Electrician, “Accuracy by Volume.”

When you talk about raid servers, you’re thinking along the same lines as I am. Fights aren’t going to be perfect 1v1s, 2v2s, and 3v3s. It could be any combination of things. And then you mention this:

And you’re absolutely correct here (I dunno about bulk on medium, but if you can make it work then go for it). I’m just thinking about some of the raids I’ve partcipated in. Going in with less than 60% damage reduction means all of the random arrows, axes, javelins, and orbs being tossed around is going to get someone gibbed.

I mean when you’re talking about volumes of fire from a variety of ranged attacks from a dozen enemies, you don’t last long in light armor. And NONE of them need to have points spent in agility. If it takes 15 hits from a throwing axe to kill you, and 15 people throw them… if you get hit you die.

That isn’t something you factor when dealing with dueling and training situations. But that is what PVPers deal with on a normal basis. Its also why some of us are kinda laughing at the idea of Bows being OP in PVP. Because its very rare for someone to actually focus on it.

Are they useful, absolutely. Am I going to have 12 guys out of a raid force be archers? Hell no. When you bust in a wall and need to fight inbetween the BS that people put in their bases, archer usefulness goes down. There might be some places where shooting someone because they are out of reach would be useful, but you can do that with fire from normal melee and simply shoot more arrows to make it work. Because let’s face it, if you can shoot a bow, you’re not under attack. And while archers can do great amounts of damage to distracted opponents (look at the video way above), they don’t do so hot when they’re the focus of a few angry melee. Or even one chonky boi.

3 Likes

Not rare at all :slight_smile:

Pretty much 1 archer is enough. Thing is tho, if people dont see a problem in balance when a bow that can be used in both close range and long range and deal 350-400 dmg in one arrow meanwhile melee weapons deal 100-150 most of them close range. It’s up to them but for me it’s pretty obvious :rofl:

In case you have not realised as a PvP player:

The 3 shot bow attribute build and spear build are the same: 20 20 20

No niche build. Nothing special. Just different buffs.

1 Like

I would be inclined to agree with that dorpie. But an often overlooked phenomenon is that much like weapons and armor, certain Attribute trees will always be stronger and more viable than others. For example, Expertise will never usurp any of the three you just mentioned, and poor Grit does tend to lag behind a bit from a PvP perspective. But when we think back to the old Attributes system, it was a similar story:

S trength
A gility
V itality
A ccuracy
G rit
E ncumberance
S urvival

Survival and Agility were good examples of this in the old system too, and they were largely relegated to the unflattering term of ‘dump stats’. The point I make is this. Much like weapons and armor there is a meta of sorts for Attributes, and like weapons and armor, there will always, and I do mean ALWAYS be a meta. Which leads me to this point.

I genuinely like the new Attribute system, and I firmly believe it was a large improvement over the old one. And I personally believe that Funcom nailed it with the new Attribute system.

I agree that the perk system needed an update. But I cant say they nailed it, because of it’s balance, only category they nailed is pretty much expertise. Accuracy was a perk that should still exist for example. Also, the different types of dmg buffs was a lot better balanced in the old one. Now you have perks that doesnt even fit in their category they are in.

How combat effective do you believe a 0 0 0 20 20 20 build should be compared to 20 20 20 0 0 0? That’s a rhetorical question of course. I have no doubt a build focused entirely on damage is going to be good at damage, regardless of the weapon being used.

The whole point of the attribute system was to divorce the build from requiring individual classes of weapons and armor, and they’ve attained that. If someone wants to focus on pure weapon damage with a 20 20 20 build, then great.

He ain’t carrying spare pots, orbs, and jars though. They’re going to need to rely on sorcery to climb over some obstacles (and corruption is anathema to most PVPers), or sacrifice + weapon damage for stamina or climbing buffs.

Don’t get me wrong, I get how powerful the 20 20 20 build is. And in smaller engagements its preferred since bursting someone down is way more important in such situations. It isn’t so great for a general build when speaking about larger encounters and fights that last more than a few minutes.

If you use one of those damage only builds, you will be looking at a respawn screen more than not when the fights start getting over 30 minutes which is how long active raids can go. Or longer.

Lol not really. You can easily carry 20 pots, 20 antidotes with a 20-20-20 build. And in raids people use last stand so they can get in cover without even being close to die and if they get close for some reason mad berserker will help them the last bit.

Going 0-0-0-20-20-20 how do you think it will work compared to 20-20-20? :rofl:

3 Likes