Bow damage is too high

Fair

Normally i wouldn’t reply in here. Another crynerf :confused:.
20s
20v
20a
Is the best…
Bow “things” different :man_shrugging:, so it’s not the best, not even close!
The game provides plurality of builds and you can choose what’s best for you, but you know the risks, you know tge weaknesses of your choices, stop asking nerfs to establish your build, so a great NO FROM ME, GREAT.
@SirDaveWolf is right in one thing JAVELINS. What the heck people nobody mention the damage javelins do when you toss them? Why bow has full charge and javelins don’t? Nobody mention that if you use the javelin on fight and broke in your hands you cannot use the other 9???
Javelins needs love, yes!
Bows are really good, leave them be!

3 Likes

Javs suck :slight_smile:

Those of us who were having a conversation the other day can have a giggle at that.

But yeah javelins need a bit of work. Especially considering they are a weapon with a full combo now. There’s a mod that does this, but I would actually like to see them get full melee light and heavy combos. Only being thrown when they are used without anything in the offhand and the special (kick/block) button is used.

3 Likes

No they don’t suck. They are really strong weapons and really good in battle. Even in light attacks only you stand chance in each fight. You can kill literally everything with them, (please don’t make me kill solo the rockslide again with javelin now) but…
When you hold shield the throw button must stay pressed!
When your javelin breaks must disappear from your inventory!
They need more damage based in strength not agility!
They need charge attack.
Change these and javelins will enter the game for good!

I was quoting someone. It was a response to something I said in regards to horseback use. Which javelins ought to have IMO.

3 Likes

Daggers are seen as “noob/noskill weapon” in the PvP scene.

If target lock is enabled, they are. Because as a noob (= new player) you can achieve success without much practice.

Without target lock, daggers are actually challenging to use. But no one in the PvP community realizes this, because they all just say: “spear is king”. If you use daggers, you get laughed at.

Again, I have said nothing about the bow being OP. I simply posted a video, where you can see the damage potential of an archer.

I even use the bow myself. As you can see in my videos:

If you think the playstyle of my teammates is low skilled, feel free to join the Dogs of the Desert Training Server to fight against us in teamfights and show us better. Just message me when you have a team and time and we can do some training.

3 Likes

Just a guess, but…
because in medium people wouldn’t die from a single shot, and run here to cry for Funcom f***ing up an other thing?

Light is yeah… light, so you can carry more stuff without spending plus points anywhere outside combat. But they are literally silk/grass/hide clamped together, don’t expect them to grant you medium/heavy level of protection. Even the silent legion light has too much damage reduction. Light armor should be a better-than-nothing type armor.

That is the opposite of balaning when light armor has low weight, but high damage reduction with no disadvantages.

Plus, if you don’t want to be red encumbered, don’t bring that many stuff with yourself. That’s why there are different builds. If you want to carry stuff, spend points into expertise, not just the standart 20-20-20. That is also not a balance.
So peeps, decice: you want to be a good fighter, or a good archer, a commander, a tank, etc.? But wanting everything while crying for nerf is a complete bullshit.

3 Likes

There is. Or atleast some changing. But that’s been put to the ground aswell.

1st of all glutton, having an perk that heals you will always be a perk you wanna go to.

2nd last stand, having a perk that is even better than glutton in most cases. They should remove those these 2 and add something like previos perk tree had, like give buff healing from food. But on an earlier stage in the perk tree.

Mad berserker, also a perk that doesnt belong in Conan. Also a must to have in PVP and much stronger than the other 20str perk that adds +stagger. Mad berserker, gives +dmg, +armor, immunity against stagger and no knockback. Seems balanced :slight_smile:

15agi perk, should get removed or looked through, pretty much can keep added speed too climbing and swimming but not running. There’s no reason for such a perk that also will be a must to have for anyone. Running speed should be as before, the same for everyone no matter what perk u use.

Could have 5th perk on each tree but only 5 extra attribute points.

Move the problem perks to 5th perk, that stops people getting max on 3 trees.

Then they need to either have two max and severly pay in other areas, or one max and a combination of other perks.

Other perks could include heavy armour counts as medium for grit for example.

Open to suggestions but this keeps the perks for those that want them the same, but stops anti stagger last stand fast run max etc

Add a combat negative, doubles stamina on heavy attacks. It’s for quick jabs not heavy attacks

Thing is they need to look over the perks a bit. Because for example, I dont know if they changed their vision again (would be like 10th time if they did)

But they removed non animation healing to make people die faster and added pot healing with animation. That’s atleast one of the reasons.

With 3.0 they added glutton that heals without animation, rather see a food healing option instead. But with higher weight as herbal tea+ haunch had so people dont carry as many.

They also added last stand wich makes it close to impossible to kill someone when buildings is around.

And also mad berserker that lets you run through enemy hits, to get in safety but also an advantage to someone who doesnt have it because of the amount of dmg and it gives with berserker perk + additional dmg buff from mad berserker. If u get 25%hp you should not deal 50% more dmg than someone with 25+%-100% hp + you cant get interupted with mad berseker.

Also one problem with PVP is animation healing. It’s a running simulator/parkour simulator. People either run or jump on rocks to simply get a heal of that pretty much heals you up to 100%hp. Yes you can shoot them with arrows or throw throwing axe on them. But most of the time you wont have enough time or simply miss them while potting. Me myself find no animation healing as a better option to make people stay to fight. But that will need glutton, last stand and mad berserker to go.

How about replace Glutton perk effect with this:

“Food healing is not canceled by damage anymore”

1 Like

Hm no, rather see something like ambrosia and the way it healed + get cancelled by dmg.

And Im not talking about getting sated. Im talking about an actual heal. But it has to be canceled when taking dmg.

But also, if it’s gonna be reality some perks has to go. Even if my opinion is that the perks has to go anyway

So perk should probably be, “food now works as a healing” and should also be like already at 10 points instead of 20.

One thing that is interesting about this thread is it shows how many people didn’t get the memo on a meta change in 3.0 when it comes to Armor type.

The damage reduction formula was changed where light armor takes ~30% more damage than before (assuming epic and bulk plating), medium and heavy had their values increased to compensate for the formula (light didn’t), and the weight of medium was reduced as well.

I won’t say Light armor was nerfed… but the changes happening around armor didn’t exactly favor it. And its advantages over other types was mitigated. I won’t say its useless, but if you find yourself getting 2 shot, you need to use that stamina recovery for dodging more, or think about putting on something heavier.

7 Likes

Totally aware of it. Still, does it make heavy good compared to light? No, not really.

Medium is similar yes. But still not as good as you make it sound like.

Instead of a bow can 2-3 shot you with light it will 4-5 shot you with heavy before you even been able to face the guy in melee. And archer if using light, will also be able to keep the distance of you because of the difference in stam reg.

Yes but i think still heavy need so buff - maybe more stagger resist or something like that?

Topic: Bow damage is not too high, you doing something wrong - you are too squishy.

Honest answer:

Have you tested medium and heavy armor?

Medium:

Heavy:

And for the sake of comparison, light armor:

1 Like

Something about that seems not right.

4 Likes

There’s literally 0 reason to wear heavy or medium armor in that case.

I did not even wear +agility damage % armor.

Just 20 20 20, a voidforged bow, black ice arrows and normal charged heavy shots on their heads with rolling afterwards for that buggy rolling thrust.