Brand new to game can't get past load screen after choose world menu

Game mode: [Single-player/Co-op]
Type of issue: [Crash]
Server type: [Couldn’t get that far]
Region: [Couldn’t get that far]

Bought the game November 25th 2020. Downloaded for 15 hours. Went to play the next day November 26th 2020. Opening Scene played. Got to the Main Menu. Choose Single Player/Co-op. Got to the world choose menu. Chose Conan Exiles on Civilized. Loading Screen comes up then after 5 minutes the game crashes and gives me an error code (The instruction at 0x662f9ce2 reference memory at 0x000003f8. The memory could not be read). No mods. Brand new to the game. Vanilla. Haven’t even been able to make a character. Computer specs are: Asus Laptop windows 8.1 64 bit.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Log in fine
2.Main menu: Chose Single PLayer/Co-op
3.World Menu: Choose Conan Exiles on Civilized mode
4.Load Screen Comes up. Game Creashes with Error Code The instruction at 0x662f9ce2 reference memory at 0x000003f8. The memory could not be read.

It sounds like a conflict to me.

Have you checked to be sure your firewall is allowing Conan to passthrough?
And that any Virus protection isn’t blocking access.

You didn’t mention what processor or the amount of memory you have, that information could be useful if the problem isn’t firewall or virus protection.

If you’re using Steam, the first thing I would do is “Verify Integrity of Game Files

Some users had success with the following:

Valve also has a more in-depth solution as follows:

Note that the very end of this post mentions a different game, but the previous parts of the post are possibly relevant.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.