Bring back spear PvP

We don’t intend to bring back the speed of the spear heavy attack - making it faster than the light attack again, but I do want to talk about the core reason you want that attack back.

Player speed is insanely high in Exiles. I think it’s one of the biggest design mistakes we made in terms of PvP, and because we have a hardcore community of players on both the PvP and PvE side, we can’t easily change it.

So I don’t think you want the spear back because you just love spears, or because it’s necessary for PvP - I think what it provided was necessary: a way to slow down your target. So instead talking about bringing the spear heavy attack back, can we talk about alternative ways to slow people down? A bola with a skill shot, a item from Zath that lets you web the ground, grease orbs make people occasionally fall (This one’s kinda fun because it adds the extra depth of being able to ignite other people’s grease to clear the field of hazards at the risk of being set on fire yourself)

You can make other suggestions, support or downvote these, is everyone up for that instead of a spear buff?

14 Likes