Bring back the Old School Stamina Fatigue System to bring back stamina management skill gap in PvP

It not being as harsh makes it not an important factor in fights as it should be since it stops the whole manage of stamina portion of the fight. Back In the day it was a huge skill gap and it was necessary for balance reasons because of the dodge and attack dodge meta. Which is returning which is nice. And good… but it needs to have all of the aspects it did before to allow the skill play to triumph

1 Like

Someone running out of stamina is not skill, it’s a game mechanic. Ergo, you aren’t that skilled, are you?

Familiarity with a game mechanic is not skill. Move on.

1 Like

NOPE. No way. Much better now.

3 Likes

Not skill to understand and manage stamina? And ergo me being not skilled??? Lol we are to stay on topic not insult. And honestly I haven’t met a player I couldn’t kill. Being familiar with a mechanic in the game does happen to be a learned skill and being able to manage stamina vs 5 or 3 other people who just stam out and you pick them off 1 by 1 because they fail to manage stam. If you don’t account stam management as skill. Just remove stamina from the game since it doesn’t take skill to know it and if it’s only purpose is to stam players or punish them being overly aggressive… and it doesn’t do that… then it shouldn’t be in the game… the old stamina fatigue made the difference between an above average player and a tournament or highest tier player. Stamina had more of an influence in combat and a skill gap that has been removed. I believe stam management is a skill that you must learn

1 Like

Whats your reasoning?

Your reasoning. None of that is skilled.

PvP complaining is 100% that doesn’t fit my play.

2 Likes

The stamina is just different on the way it uses the regen time.
Before it was stam out, small penalty, stam refills then you can use it.
Now it’s stam out, medium penalty, and can use only what you regen. The argument you get your full stam back now too fast is wrong. You only get to start using it again before it is full. But it being only partial if you do means you have fewer actions until youbstam or again. So there is still a way to be good at managing it. It just takes practice, and can still be used to an advantage if you know how.

Remember, you lose dodge if you stam out. Being without doge even slightly longer than before is a big punishment. Plus there are different regens based on enc weight, so again the skill has just been changed not erased.

1 Like

Personally i think the current stamina fatigue is better, and works well with the way armor affects stamina regen.

But i also think that stamina management should be more important than now, maybe instead of dealing on how stamina regens we should take a look on how much is spent.

In my opinion it takes too little stamina to make an attack action and any player can make dozens of attacks before having to take a break to breath a bit and continue spaming clicks. this with a moderate stamina investment.

I would also like to address the issue that mounts seems to have the same old stamina fatigue system, and they take a lot to regen.

4 Likes

combat system? u mean the roll all time breakdance that it was with the sonic the hedgehog roll backwards a mile when wearing a light armour?

Srongly against this proposal…

2 Likes

You’re acting kinda toxic over an opinion based topic man calling people trash and such… And no if youre counting people’s roll because they’re being careless and taking advantage of the point the run out of stam because they’re not smart enough to allow it to return and take a break. That takes a degree of skill to keep track of another opponents non visible stamina bar. I brought this topic up because I miss the old stam system. This new one isn’t bad I just wanted to see if people agreed on it. An opinion of someone doesn’t make them trash

4 Likes

Right and I get that. But if you run our and go fatigue I just think a bigger window should be there for the guy to get the reward for predicting his opponent and or waiting for him to run out… I get your point of view though…

I can agree, ther can be a tweak to the “dead” time when stammed out.

I also agree the forum needs to not get so personal on attacks at you for having an opinion.

I am always open to a good debate. Getting into pointing fingers and saying just gg and deal with it solves nothing.

I hope I have not attack you in a personal level.

2 Likes

No not at all I loved our conversation and discussion XD I’m glad to hear others input

2 Likes

Although I can not comment on the PvP side of this change, I do support your calls go back to the old stamina system. It is not that I hate the new stamina system, or that it is objectively bad. I personally just found the old stamina system more intuitive, and above all more enjoyable to use.

1 Like

This is an interesting suggestion, mainly due to the mention of stamina management.

I felt that the old system had no active management at all, and on the new system I need to think about encumbrance, taking action right after sprinting, shield usage, roll speed and distance, negative stamina, usage during regeneration etc.

Basically, the new system is more involved and it’s a new learning curve and so far I like the challenge.

2 Likes

i cannot agree more with this sentence!!! well said @TheReaperOfChess .
we disagree over a game. as friends that play together… and not agreeing on something (nomatter what that is ) is no reason for insults.

4 Likes

You mean the old aloe potion animation from SIptah EA launch? :slight_smile:

Right. Idk I feel the new things they added to this stam system like shields etc would work better with the old fatigue system or if they added a longer period of time if you run out of stam for it to come back

1 Like