Broken Thrall Hit-chain execution

Game mode: Official server #1037
Type of issue: Bug / Misc
Server type: PvE Conflict
Region: EU

[Describe the bug here]
I have gotten several Thralls with whom I experience the following issue:

Dalinsia Snowhunter 1 - When set to follow me around as a combat Thrall and I have a 2 Handed Star Metal Great Sword on her she does not execute the full hit combos with that weapon no matter what. Full hit combos with 1 handed weapons however seem to be executed normally if equipped with a Truncheon for example.

Dalinsia Snowhunter 2 - When set to follow me around as a combat Thrall and I have a 2 Handed Star Metal Great Sword on her she does not execute the full hit combos with that weapon no matter what. Full hit combos with 1 handed weapons however seem to be executed normally if equipped with a Truncheon for example.

Relic Hunter Slavetaker III - When set to follow me around as a combat Thrall and I have a 2 Handed Star Metal Great Sword on her she does not execute the full hit combos with that weapon no matter what. Full hit combos with 1 handed weapons however seem to be executed normally if equipped with a Truncheon for example.

Cimmerian Fighter III - Does execute full combo chains with 2 handed weapons, however does NOT execute full weapon hit chains with 1 handed weapons such as the Truncheon.

Do I just have to continue getting random thralls with the HOPES of getting a non-bugged one at this point, or can something actually be done to fix this Thrall behaviour?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Hit wild thrall with truncheon until they go sleep sleep…
  2. Carry them to the breaking wheel and wait for several hours in order to have them usable…
  3. Activate and place them somewhere.
  4. Set their Tactics priority to Melee Only (For the above mentioned Dalinsias only), because why not.
  5. Press on Follow.
  6. Command them to hit any hostile creature to only do 1 hits and not do any hit chains.

Well, really, this is already the hundredth topic with this “problem”.
Don’t waste time experimenting.
With update 2.3, the thrall have regained their weapon habits. If a thrall is exposed with a one-handed weapon, he will only use it, respectively, with a two-handed weapon (if there are exceptions, some fight in general only with a certain type of weapon).

There is no “non-bugged” thrall now. No matter how much you try and hope :slight_smile:

Accursed fighter three uses starts with daggers, when spawned in as a thrall, it only does either one heavy or one light attack then pause for 2-3 seconds then again one heavy one light again. So, yes there is something going on with thralls. They seem bugged.

1 Like

So there seems to be a bug. :slight_smile:

Welp, at least that does answer that if nothing else… an ETA would have been nice to have tho… they’ve been working on bug fixing on some things for years without fixes now (or breaking it even worse).

1 Like

yeah companies now a days avoid giving exact dates. It is understandable after what happened to world of warcraft with Shadowlands and now Cyberpunk. People get whiny if the update or game isn’t released on the eta that was mentioned. So to avoid all that, better to just say soon.

I used to believe that too - that Thralls needed to use the weapons that they were spawned with and switching out weapons and doing some hacky-things fixed it mid combat. There are plenty of past youtube videos talking about this as a thing. I’m not going to dig, but it was stated by either a dev during the live stream or one of the community managers who is in the weeds that this was not actual desired programmed behavior. So Thrall weapon requirements is not an actual thing. Thralls were never programmed to use specific weapons. It was just buggy - so yes, it is a bug and not reverting to a past state of AI. This was addressed around the time Riders of Hyboria was released which was 2019.

Came here to make sure it was reported, and thank you for highlighting it is a known issue.

I’m curious why the update was released with these broken thrall issues.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.