Buff lightning storm - nerfed to hard

naw naw … don’t be like that. Sorcery is great. It brought you a new weapon (arcane staff). Wait for a few couple of € reskins in bazaar for it. You are all gonna be grateful :slight_smile:

Make no mistake, I love sorcery and I love the concepts behind it. But there are big issues in it, such as useless spells that make no sense from balance point of view (imbue soul) or are flat out useless such as detect corruption.

We just need to be bugreporting these all together.

It’s supposed to be utility based magic if anything just hurt pvpers

I can see it to be buffed to do 5k-10k damage blasts. This would still be acceptable. Similar damage to bombs. And you can have it running in the background whilst fighting/bombing.

Can you still counter it by overriding it with other spells?

Yes still counterable last i checked , not since last update but will this evening.

Ive not seen anything saying this officially, some clarity in function wouldnt hurt.
I play pvp on officials noone i interact with thinks its the end of pvp

It foully shows in the last updated before this one that lightening adjusted as it was not intended to do that damage ?

Was not meant to do the 100k blast, the rest is arguable.
Just asking for clarrification if it was meant to do what it currently is doing, which is not alot of anything.

Agree with a lot in the thread, it WAS too powerful. It now a light tickle to players and placeable. Heck it failed to destroy a bed roll last time I used it offensively. Doesn’t need to do lots, just a little more than currently for it to be useful or even used. Because I am sure if you check logs I doubt you will see much utilisation beyond see the visual effects.

Which I guess if we are going to give positive feedback to Funcom as well as negative … it looks great.

2 Likes

Id settle for bomb damage per blast as alternative,htting from outside in rather than randomly internally, dont know how much work that is hopeing they nerfed to buy time while fixing “other concerns”
Kinda feel bad for whoever worked on it currently, looks great does nothing, wont be used.
Shame really.
Side note kinda feel same for call the dead, nice effect, good visual again does nothing of any consequence

In general the visuals for all the spells are top notch. So well done on that side of things Funcom, that is one part of the game and experience you get right.

1 Like

Agreed

Lightning Storm wasn’t exactly nerfed.

It still does the same damage as before for direct hits. 512 damage for players, 6,000 for buildings. That didn’t change.

Indirect hits were changed from 100,000 damage to buildings to 1,000. An indirect hit shouldn’t do an order of magnitude more than a direct hit. To compensate, lightning storm can now target buildings more often and do not target the caster.

Lightning Storm now functions as a support spell that adds a bit of extra damage randomly in an area where you are fighting. It doesn’t replace, but rather supplements other raid tools.

Oooh good idea

Thanks for the update.
If you are saying that LS does 6k per hit to structures then unless i have been very unlucky with multiple storms i can say this is not what im seeing.
If you are saying total then its too low
Can anyone confirm in case i am freakishly unlucky?

Yeah thats the reality. For there to be a change we need to give ONLY negative feedback…

If these were the real numbers I can see this was unintended…
But if its only 6000 per direct hit, then its useless against T3 structures. Which is… all there is really. Try going through a five-layered T3 foundation wall of 500000 hitpoints with this. …No. Its useless.

Personally I dont like carrying bombs, it doesnt feel like Conan.
I would prefer trebuchets, gods, spells or huge pet thralls.

I mean I understand you want the massive stupid damage like it was before.

But 6000 per strike is pretty good for something that dont cost anything to make.

1 Like

Unless you use cheats, it is really annoying to make because of time invested to the leather pouches.

You could just as well say that bombs cost nothing to make since their mats can be collected from resource nodes on the map.

1 Like

Nope not massive stupid damage, but actual damage that isnt a complete waste of time.

And again i am not seeing 6k a strike using it.
Nothing near.

1 Like