[Bug] Bark drop rate exceedingly low

Using any tool you will not be able to get more than 1 or 2 Bark from most trees 5 if your lucky from a sapling
Game mode: Online & Singleplayer
Problem: Bug
Region: All

Not being able to gain an increased drop rate from higher grade tools when trying to harvest is h8indering and wasteful of materials. Please adjust this asap.

Repro steps:

1. Try collecting Bark with each Pickaxe.
1 Like

Put hatchets on ignore and add picks to your friends list.

3 Likes

Exactly bark drop is too low. I have to get wood with pick just to come close to the demand for bark. It feels like they intended it this way to slow down building more than one base per group or solo player. This makes it painful to play solo with harvesting to build being so demanding of bark.

Yes barks drop very slowly. for 100 wood you get around 5-10 barks and even getting wood is slower then a hachet ofcourse.

Too true. Im playing Offline so the settings are customed the way I like it (picking 1 rock = 3 rocks) and it was after getting the Tanning rack that I realised that Bark is a pretty rare drop. Mind you, Ive also made Resources spawn faster than normal and my Bark never exceeds 50 in one continuous harvest. Lots of Branches tho…And Wood.

About 200-220 bark falls on 1000 pieces of wood cut with a pickaxe. Definitely not enough.
And try to collect silver is a nightmare

Have not tried to collect any yet not near any nodes for it. I’d urge you to put a Bug report in if it is seriously an issue.