Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: Any
When starting the game, stability of existing buildings isn’t propagated or calculated correctly for certain cases. I have found one consistent repro, which I will describe here, and I will add more information as I experiment further.
I haven’t tried reproducing this online yet.
Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
- Place a pillar.
- Place a ceiling on top of the pillar.
- Attach a wedge to the side of the ceiling.
- Attach another wedge to the side of the previous wedge.
- Attach a ceiling to the side of that last wedge.
- Observe that the stability of that last ceiling is 40, which should be enough to keep it stable.
- Restart the game/server.
- Observe that the ceiling is missing.
Here are the pictures showing the repro.
Note that I have tested this with both T1 and a variety of T3 materials, with or without foundations. The T1 material I’ve used is sandstone. The T3 materials I used is Arena for the foundation, Stormglass for the pillar, and Black Ice for the ceilings and wedges.
I have also observed the same behavior for other combinations of T3 materials.
I will keep experimenting with different combination of building pieces – more or fewer ceilings and wedges, in different layouts – and add information if I find anything new.