[Bug] Cooking Exotic Fish Does Not Produce Ichor

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Cooking exotic fish does not produce ichor as a byproduct.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get an exotic fish.
  2. Place it in a station capable of cooking it.
  3. Cook it.
  4. No ichor is produced.
3 Likes

That’s not a Bug.

Exotic Fish never produced Ichor.
You have to cook:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s part of the change to the game. They didn’t used to provide ichor; now they do. Or rather, they are supposed to, but are bugged and not behaving correctly (which is what the bug report is about).

Also…

• 10 Unappetizing Fish now give 1 oil.
  • 5 Savory Fish now give 1 oil.
  • 1 Exotic Fish now gives 1 oil.
    [/quote]

Likewise, the oil produced ratio has been flipped. Exotic Fish give more oil now over the old rate that Unappetizing Fish used to do.

5 Likes

Good point!

Answered before downloading the Patch.
So i completely forget about the upcoming changes.

2 Likes

So NO fish give ichor now? Unacceptable. Spiders are scary, and I refuse to do my ichor farming without fishies.

Its a glitch. I’m sure they’ll have the ichor restored to Exotic Fish in short order. We just have to wait a bit longer.

I can confirm this. At this point. No fish produces ichor when cooked.

Hey @Bodin

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ve sent note to our team so they can look into it.

4 Likes

So has the team looked into this and fixed it , a heads up to what is going on with one the very important ingredients would be nice.

Would be nice to know when this will be fixed???

Would be nice to know when this will be fixed???

As soon as they can, I would think. That, however, does not necessarily mean that they can give an answer to that question. Besides, 5 hours is not a whole lot of time you’re allowing them to look into it…

1 Like

This was reported on test live last week so its not 5 hours it is days. in fact it was reported days before the new update when out so they were aware it was not working.

i think there is another problem with fish!

10 unappetizing fish = 1 oil // 500 unappetizing fish = 50 oil
1 exotic fish = 1 oil

But all insects you put into fishtrap will give unappetizing fish or savory fish! Only bee queens will give exotic fish.
After farming 10k fibre with blackblood sickle there where zero bee queens and 24 bees!

500 seeds give 25 oil. But for all important things tons of oil are needed.
So it looks like that it is nearly impossible to get a good ammount of oil without grind of death for days or weeks! No of the fish will give ichor anymore so thats the second problem.

That need to be fixes as fast as possible!

I am fairly certain Fat Grubs will yield exotic fish when used as bait (At least that worked in the past). You can get them in bulk by leaving compost in a compost bin, where they slowly and passively generate. They also spawn natively in the grassy areas of the Southern (Noob) river on Exiled Lands.

I hardly ever seen fat grubs in the grassy areas to be honest , maybe one or two here or there but very far between.

Nope Fat Grubs will give savory fish

after 5 minutes i had 50 savory fish. Like the screenshot says 49 Fat Grubs give 49 savory fish.

That’s new, and unfortunate. Wiki still says it yields Exotic, sorry!

1 Like

all good is not your fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.