[BUG] Game Hard Freezes in area with lots of buildings

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Game freezes completely in areas with lots of buildings.

I have an i7 7700k, a RTX2080Ti - this area have had no problems pre-patch. Post-patch I freeze up and have to kill the process in task manager.

Other players does not seem to have the same problem… so this might be an issue with my Hardware setup with the new patch.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Quite impossible. I can give detailed hardware spec and the server database with coordinates to the area.

1 Like

There is a Nvidia driver download that is available as of March 5th. Might be worth looking into if you haven’t already (I’m also an RTX 2080 TI owner, though I have an EVGA, so I know how still experimental it can be in terms of driver updates).

You may want to run a 3Dmark stress test to see if you can replicate the freeze since I know that a lot of the Nvidia RTX 2080 TI’s (Foundations specifically) came out of the factory as imperfect, to say the least.

1 Like

Updated drivers didn’t do anything. Since it didn’t freeze pre-patch and only does it in built areas… I’m suspecting the building update causing it. Also, because it only affects some players, I’m fearing it will never be fixed.

It’s also a hard freeze, so you have to kill the process in task manager, thus no telemetry data about crash is collected. Making it highly likely not to be prioritized

Could you upload your game.db to drop box or Google drive, and send me the link? I will also need your exact modlist order as well. Since I have an RTX 2080 ti, I can test your theory as well.

you can try reading this post: Occasional HARD PC FREEZE

It might or might not be related. My monitor completely freezes, but I have two so I’m able to get task manager on the second and exit Conan.

Just an update. HOTFIX this afternoon DID NOT fix the issue. It’s as persistent as before. I can supply spec, database and replication info on DM. I just don’t want to put the link to the game.db of a popular server on the funcom forum

Cause:

OPs video card was faulty and it blew up earlier. Game works fine with secondary card.

1 Like

Thanks. Was going to add that now.

The smell of a burned out RTX2080Ti is quite sweet, when you can get a replacement quickly that is

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.