Bug in Purge today

This morning we had a purge on our dedicated server and the first round was normal. The 2nd and 3rd round had the music come on like it was coming but no text saying anything about the purge and no purge came then text came up saying they were defeated. We’ve had a couple normal purges in the past week but this one seemed broken.

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. Could you share with us some screenshots of the event log by the time of the purge?

Also, if possible, can you also share your logs from the same day? You can find them by following:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs

Thank you in advance.

Looks like the logs have been overwritten. I have a bunch of SilentEvents.log-upload-* files and none of them are earlier than 8-16. Even my ConanSandbox.log only shows 8-16. I’m using DedicatedServerLauncher 1.5.8

Thank you for checking. Could you poke us once more if this happens again and you manage to save the logs?

We appreciate your assistance in this matter.

There are cases when the purge spawns in places where they can not go anywhere (inside rocks, naturally enclosed areas) the purge time can end.
Plus, if you are in the volcano, they can mindlessly go into the lava leading to their death = purge defeated.

@Mayra I can’t remember/did not see in the patchnotes regarding changes in the purge, but since an other user menitoned problems too, maybe something went wrong with purge?

We figured it out today. Our base where the purge was on had one or two foundations over a cliff and one the front purge was killed they came from down the cliff and since we didn’t see them, none were killed so no more messages from the purge until it was over.

I think you need to work on the AI for the purge and have them move to another area if they can’t get through one. The only piece where they attacked was the base of an elevator and there were about 15 cimerians down there waiting.

1 Like

It is very hard to do that. I’m not developer but people bases have millions or billions variables. Some of them already Purge proofed via without foundations. Some of them top of the cliff, some of the middle of the water, some of them top of the trees, some foudnations %80 under the ground (and they may also affect purge spawn underground), and a lot of examples around. Calculating that is very hard thing with current consumer technology. So they need to stick with current template. It was years they can’t do anything about that. I’m not sure they could change it while a lot of bigger issues around. Maybe after 3.0 releases on live servers. And that’s a maybe. That problems were here almost 5 years (since the system released) and I think it is hard to come by it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.