Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Okay…I’ve given it a little over a week checking things out. Two post-release updates later and these issues persist in both single player and multiplayer. Bear in mind I’m not the only one in my PvE server seeing these things and I’m playing on a $1,600. gaming rig. In fact, everyone on the server has mid to high range gaming rigs.
- Areas of the map disappear or just don’t render.
- The game stutters for everyone in both single and multiplayer while moving around the map. Severity varies.
- While swimming on the surface, character poses like holding a torch, then drops to the bottom of the water like falling off a cliff.
- While standing in front of either stone or ironstone nodes, a lot of strokes miss and nothing is harvested. Moving around the node helps, but not much. Also, there’s a lot of missed swings in combat while standing right in front of and close to an enemy.
- Placed campfires vanish immediately after placement.
- Game crashes while simply running around the map exploring. Occasionally there’s a crash while in a storage container.
- Can’t get the purge to work on two separate PvE servers or on single player. Despite the settings, the meter never moves.
- Characters do not track well with the aiming reticle and it throws off player’s perspective.
- Can not delete markers from map.
- Shade cloths and all but one tent can not be either returned to inventory nor destroyed. If they’re supposed to do that, please change it.
- Building parts fail to snap in place. We leave and come back later and they snap in place…most of the time.
- This one really isn’t a bug, just an observation: Conan is too short. If anyone at Funcom has read a single REH book, you should realize Conan is supposed to be nearly or more than a head taller than most people.
It’s pretty self explanatory how to reproduce any of these issues we’re having.
That’s all I have for now. I haven’t been motivated to play the past couple of days due to frustration and annoyance and might wait for another update, but I’ll report on anything else we find. Forgive me, but I have to say it: In early access before the big update a couple weeks before release, the game didn’t crash nearly as much as now. After months of patience through the early access development, I’m surprised the game is this buggy and unstable having read through issues other are having as well. I must admit, I’d have been livid had I paid the release price for this game.