Game mode: Private
My friends an I playing on a private server have noticed some issues with getting an archer thrall to agro and attack enemy NPCs.
Expected result: Thralls equipped with Bows and arrows will attack enemy NPCs once they come into range and disengage as they leave range no matter if the bow is equipped to the main hand or in their inventory.
Observed result: Thrall does not engage enemy no matter how close you bring them unless you manually place the loaded bow from their inventory into their main hand.
- Place Archer thrall. (We used Nordhiemer Archer IIs).
- Place arrows in inventory for archer thrall to use with the bow that is already there.
- Make sure bow is loaded and there are spare arrows.
- Kite an enemy NPC into range of the thrall.
- Thrall will not equip bow or fire at enemy.
While testing this, we found that if you take all the weapons from the thrall, exit their inventory then re-enter their inventory and place their weapons back into their inventory (but not into their main hand) they will function as expected, automatically equipping the bow and firing at the enemy NPC in their range with no more interaction from players.
If required we can provide a video of this bug and the workaround in action.