Bugged Shadows of Jade Quest

In the quest “Wanted! - kill Brittle Blade assassins” I’ve noticed that the assassins are totally bugged. At least for me. They pop up for a split second, enough for me to read the red name tags, then disappear. I’ve had this happen almost 10 times now and I have serious doubts the next time they will actually load in properly. I need to do this quest to progress, but this stupid bug is stopping me. I have rezoned, restarted the quest, and restarted my game so many times as well. I’ve spent so many hours in NG these past few days it’s driving me crazy I just wan’t this quest to end lol

I usually skip that quest. A group of 2-4 of these adds spawn after around 5 mins. If you run around there is a high chance that you don’t even realize them. Most times after missing 1 of these groups there is no further spawn. Zoning in and out sometimes helps, but not always.

You need to do the quest once to progress. After that it is optional. I have been told that this quest us NOT bugged by GM’s a few times. I have however had this quest active for Months while doing every other faction quest I could in Northern Grasslands daily (meaning I spent over an hour per day there). I have stood in Pin-Pin Just after getting this quest until the auto-logout timer started 2 times (That’s like 40 minutes plus). I have walked from Pin-Pin to Chow and back for over 30 minutes. None of these so called tricks makes any difference. These guys just spawn and instantly de-spawn. They do it so fast you can easily miss seeing it.

1 Like

I see the mobs. The problems is that they glitch out and vanish before they fully load in. It’s like a flash where I see their red name tags before they disappear. Maybe I’ll record it when it happens. I’ve noticed it almost 10 times in the past couple days

I have not done this quest very often, because Shadows are the most useless faction in the whole expansion, but I remember that the last time I did it, I simply waited outside of Pin-Pin for the mobs to show up. It took quite a long time and it was awfully boring, but in the end I made it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

yes, most of the time when you need to wait for a random attack that’s not located on the map, it works better if you just wait without moving much as Fijndahl advised : if they spawn behind you while moving, they would reset and/or disappear before attacking you.

1 Like

I just want to give an update of this. I have finally finished the quest after probably 100 sightings of these assassins, but only twice did they not bug out. It REALLY sucked seeing the assassins pop up all day long but having them glitch out before i can attack them. This quest is 100% bugged. The two times that they spawned in properly, it was only a single assassin, which was weird because they would always spawn as a pair when they were glitched. I have learned sooo many locations where the will spawn regularly. I hope others don’t have to endure this bug xD its so frustrating

1 Like