Building decayed same day as being placed

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America

Early yesterday morning i placed down some stables and put in a foal and food in it before i went to bed (I work nights). I got home this morning hopping to see a tamed horse and what do i find? No stable. Event log said that the building was abandoned and had decayed. Either today was a LOT longer than i thought, or something is busted.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Find foal
  2. Gather mats and build stable
  3. place stable
  4. Put foal and food in stable
  5. … log in next day and cry???

If you place it directly on the ground and/or not close enough to your main structure, then yes, they have very short decay timers otherwise people will spam them everywhere. Same with crafting stations, animal pens, fish traps, boxes and even maprooms.

Try placing it on foundations next time. You can inspect it with a repair hammer or by holding tab while aiming at it.

1 Like

Thanks I didn’t realize it was a “feature”. I probably missed something somewhere that explained it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.