‘c"/program files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/Engine/GlobalShaderCashe-PCD3D_SM4.bin’ is missing

Right after the Conan Exiles boxed logo pops up, I get an error message from windows saying:

The global shader cache file ‘c"/program files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/Engine/GlobalShaderCashe-PCD3D_SM4.bin’ is missing.

Then it says a bunch of other stuff about no cooked content being found. I run windows 10, which currently has Direct X 12, so that shouldn’t be an issue. I am running a NVidia GeForce 210 Graphics card in the system as well as 6GB RAM. I have tried restarting the computer, I have tried validating the game files, and I have tried uninstalling/ reinstalling. Nothing has worked so far. PLEASE HELP.

-Jinxed

Your GPU isn’t able to run the game. It doesn’t meet the minimum requirements in order to run.

Hello,

As Multigun said your GPU is out of competition.
Please find the minimal requirements below:

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

• OS: Windows 7 64 Bit/ Windows 8 64 Bit/ Windows 10 64 Bit

• Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-6300

• Memory: 6 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (1GB) or AMD Radeon HD 7770 (1GB)

• DirectX: Version 11

• Network: Broadband Internet connection

• Storage: 50 GB available space

Thank you. Any recommendations on a trustworthy place to find a GeForce GPU at a reasonable price?

I think you can still find something not too bad (e.g. a GeForce GT 710) on the Internet… maybe check Amazon ?

Or your local computer stuff dealer, but it would depends on their stocks / attitude towards second hand components (where I am they don’t do such things and only sell the latest models).

Thank you!

1 Like

Newegg, or Amazon.

Locally, every decent sized city typically has at least one good “mom and pop” parts store. Though, location pending. If there is such a shop in your area, might be good to visit so they can fit you with the right tech based on your needs, budget, and current PC specs (might need a bigger PSU, for example).

1 Like

I’m using a 970 with little to no issue. Not sure how much those are going for nowadays but those are probably 5-6 years old now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.