Camera and Spine Bug

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP]
Region: [USA]

[I had just started playing the game, and after 30 minutes of play I noticed that my character is unable to hit things low to the ground. For example, I could not hit a rabbit, despite aiming down and swinging. Same goes for not being able to harvest, or mine if the node is lower than my characters waist. I went into first person and realized that if I looked down, I could see through my body. This is a bug that locks the player’s spine in place, and digging around online confirmed my suspicions. Normally, when you aim your camera down, the player also angles their body downward allowing you to hit smaller enemies. The only way as of now to counteract this bug is by closing the game a number of times, and continually forcekilling your character, however, even after this, a few minutes later it happens again. Extremely annoying bug, makes the game pretty unplayable. Please fix. Side note: I am using a controller ]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Create a character
  2. Exist
  3. Look down and swing
  4. Nah.
3 Likes

Yes, this is the known aim-bug.
It was often reported. Some have good results by relog simply, others need kill theyr charachter by removing the bracelet. Some told they had the best results by using the mod Char-Edit.

But like you said, there are characters, nothing is working over longer time, and the bug is still coming back after some time. Had this case in the past. Fortunalety this happened early in game, so i restarted with a new character.
But i agree, when this happens bit later in a playthrough, it’s very irritating.

2 Likes

This bug is extremely annoying. Devs should prioritize fixing it asap.
Everytime I log to my game I need to use mod to fix it or remove bracelet.

2 Likes

Players think this occurs because the characters height was altered during character creation. If you don’t have a lot of time invested in the character, then I suggest restarting and not touching the height slider for the character.

Hey there,

Welcome to our community @Drex.
Our team is aware of this issue and they’re looking into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.