Cannot rename new thralls (nor old ones) & nude bug since Riders of Hyboria!

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

[I’ve bought the Riders of Hyboria recently and everytime i try to rename a new thrall, it doesn’t keep the modification on my relog ! The (re)names of my pre-RoH DLC thralls have kept their customizations, but i cannot change them any longer too ! Plus there’s a strange “non-nudity” bug i’ve noticed on the dancing-female thralls i tried to add in my fortress since the DLC : the chest always appears “covered” by rags despite the fact that i selected full nudity on every parameters…

Here’s my mod list, if it could have been caused by any incompatibility with the recent updates :

• Savage_Steel
  • Debug_Of_Warpaint
  • Improved_bodies_caveman_edition
  • TriangleCeilingsFix
  • RedTentFixJune2018
  • Altered_Animations
  • Equality_Fixes
  • BugFixes
  • DrK_Fix_LightArmorStep
  • Sandbox_Quality_of_Life
  • armorfix
  • Nocraftingsoundfix
  • Immersive_Animations
  • Stacks+HomeBrew
  • CEF_Coins
  • Immersion
  • NiflheimrTeleportation
  • MoreLvLFeatAttribute
  • AttributeUnlimited
  • SecretOfSteelConanWeapons
  • StraysBetterSigns
  • PrestigeMoreAttributeLevels
  • The_Forsaken_Tomb
  • Asghaard_deco_and_placeables
  • BetterThralls
  • Asghaard_deco_and_placeables_recipes
  • ThrallSideKick
  • Cultural_buildings
  • StraysThralls
  • CharEditLite
    … Do you guies have any idea or solution to help ? Thanks !]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

You can check the discussions from the mods to check if someone else has the same problem.
Or you try to find the mod on your own:
Make a copy of your game.db.
Remove half of your mods and check if your problem is gone.
If its gone, one of the removed mods causes the problem.
In this case, restore your game.db and remove the other half of the mods and check.
If its not gone, remove again half of your mods.

After some tests you should have found the mod which causes the problem.

2 Likes

Well, mate, despite your interesting suggestions, which i’m thankful for, the bugs are still there ! Just to clarify : i CAN’T change the name of my old thralls, but i CAN change the one of my news… just for the time of the log. The problem is the game seems to not remember the name modifications when i go back to the game after delog !

And there’s this persistent weird rags-covered breast on the female thralls i create after each relog, despite the fact that i picked the full nudity option; now apparently there are many problems ingame since the last patch, so maybe it will be repaired on a future update. Don’t know so far…

So you tested it without your mods?

1 Like

I think the two problems are unrelated, the “nude” problem sounds like
the old bug, check to see if giving them clothes then removing them makes them nude again.
if so, then this is an old bug and unrelated to mods, we’ll just need to wait for a fix because every server restart will make it reoccur.

The second naming problem could be a mod, but there is an easier way to test.
in the folder called Mods there is a txt file called modlist.txt this text file tells the game which mods to load.

Make a backup of this file, then one at a time delete the line for a particular mod.
restoring the backup after each time you try until you find the one mod causing the problem.

good luck

1 Like
  • To mikelei : Yup, the mod responsible for my previous (pre-RoH DLC) thralls names was ThrallSideKick (but the only problem the discussion threat on this mod is actually about concerns some thralls-feeding bug). I’ve tried to launch the game without and every modified names vanished. But even if i deactivate every thrall-related mods, the game doesn’t keep my "naming modifications " when i relog (and i still cannot rename my old thralls if i try).

• To droch-aon : About the nude thing : yeah, i did the removing & reclothing to the chest part and it is, indeed, a stupid persistent bug ; so let’s wait for a server fix like you said.
    Still, i’m not sure to understand the way you propose to deal with the “name” problem. I’ve made a backup file for the mods list file and the saves, but when you’re telling me to delete the line for a particular mod, does it mean i have to delete the ThrallSideKick line, for example, then save, then log ? I’m pretty sure it will crash the game, like if i change the mod order thoughtlessly ?

… Thinking of it, maybe i should just keep the backup files in my external driver and try to start a new game without any thrall mod (part from the StraysThralls, for the animations trick, maybe) in order to go back to some clean game, skyrim-like. Just to test the naming implemented command. What do you guies thing ? Thank you both so far !

About the nudity ‘bug’: Sometimes an update changes your preferences. Please look at the gameplay-tab (not the server-tab) of your settings, maybe the nudity setting there was set to ‘none’?

I think you should start a clean game with no mods whatsoever, then you can add mods back in bit by bit, testing as you go, until you find which one(s) cause the problem, then see if that’s something you can live without.

A massive, core update like this one is bound to throw things out of wack for a lot of mods, and they might not all be updated in a timely manner, or ever, seeing as they are volunteer work.

It is, unfortunately, not an unheard-of problem that savegames that were made with mods sometimes stay broken even after mods are removed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.