Problem: [ Bug ]
Region: [North America]

Private server #398554 - Gamecloud

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Far north, middle of grid C13
  2. Building a base on snow plateau
  3. Cannot finish ceiling/roof after 8-9 units high
  4. Tetris style opening in the middle of ceiling

It’s more than likely a stability problem.
check stability with a repair hammer, anything lower than 40% will not allow the attachment of another piece.

To increase stability use walls, pillars or a combination of both.
there are guides on how to do this on you tube.

Stability not an issue. Full walls and first layer of slanted roof are set but cannot finish a few of the second layer. Gaps in the middle of already set slanted roof pieces. Even tested building pillars to go straight up through the gaps. Cannot build anything after setting 2-3 pieces

can u provide pics of the base ? level floor and roof that collapses? u check surround pieces that remain with a repair hammer?

Still sounds like a stability issue try ceiling tiles to pillar see if you can set roof pieces to that. Seems like once you get so tall roofing is problematic without extra support. Had a few buildings slope roof up so far and finished with ceiling tiles.

if stability is not the issue, try restarting the session. I have had similar issues laying foundations, a quick restart for some reason works most of the time.

Hi @SinnerAnatomy, welcome to the forums!

As it has been suggested we’ll require screenshots or a short video of the issue in action to help us determine its cause.

stability check with repair hammer and pillars, on xbox one I have a similar problem placing building pieces however walking away from the vicinity and returning can solve the issue. a foundation placement on occasion has solved a roof issue over a pillar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.