Challenge! Child of Crom 🏔️

Before i start i will clarify one thing. None of the challenges i created in the past was to exhibit skills. All of them was made for just one reason, to play the game i love in alternative ways. Every single time i was learning something new, something that was under my nose all this time and i just couldn’t see it, play it and enjoy it. All the challenges i created can be done by literally everyone, even a new player that’s about 500 hours in game at least. Keep in mind that 500 is a speculation number, it can be less or more. But i believe that lower than these hours is a bit difficult to know properly our map.

With that said i proceed to the child of Crom challenge.

A simple challenge, almost everything is allowed with only a few minor forbids.

1. You have 20 minutes from the time you’ll spawn in the map to go to the unnamed city, so make sure you’ll get with you all the water, the food and the aloes you need. You’ll be allowed to leave the unnamed city only when you got the sword of Crom, yet until you gain it you can use any weapon rng drops. If you won’t make it and you die from starvation or whatever else (:rofl:) recreate character.
  2. As soon as you’ll get your sword of Crom you can exit the unnamed city and proceed regularly your game, but all the rest weapons you loot so far are not allowed, neither for you or your thralls.
  3. Pets and mounts allowed, you can have as much as pets as you wish (after you obtain the sword of course).
  4. No slavery allowed, only mercenary thralls and crafters you can buy and thralls you gain from purge cages. But, for every purge level you win you will be allowed to go out for crafter hunting if you wish. One for each level you win, which means in total 9 crafters since if you win lvl X you will need nothing more :man_shrugging:. Your thralls are not allowed to use legendary gear or weapons except the hammer of Crom of course, we are the children of Crom after all.

Objectives!
Win all the purge lvls, make all the dungeons and gather the artifacts to exit the Exile lands, by using Only the sword of Crom. Your choice if you wish to remove your bracelet but you have to present the key.

This participation will take place on an official server. I choose official server gaming because of the difficulty of the terrain. The fighting performance is not good on line and things can become way more difficult than the ones @SpherisCore asked to be done in the madness challenge. Other than that, most of the players here are official servers lovers. We need better officials to enjoy the width of the options this game gives.

Believe in Crom only and Dominate the lands.

Have fun!

Edit. Like @Deamo said very correctly, you must choose your main religion for Crom in the beginning. If you wish to learn other religions for fun, do it, but you are not allowed to use them.

Crom rules :mountain_snow::metal:

6 Likes

Bonus challenge :yum: Male Cimmerian, Atlantean sword, Hammer of Crom or Sword of Crom, brown inn keeper pants, some fur boots and Neca Pure war paint

2 Likes

Brown is a fitting color for pants in some situations :joy:

2 Likes

Must select Crom as Main religion no other religions allowed.

3 Likes

Day 3.
I have my working stations and my second sword of Crom. Probably tomorrow i’ll fix my treasury and begin with the purges.

The server is lagging horribly :rofl:, but this is it, official gaming place a different level of difficulty in every single thing.

1 Like

IMG_3749

2 Likes

Try a Zath themed challenge next. Complete the game only using Zath gear (Zath knives, Zath Spear, Zath Spider-Man outfit, Spider orbs, Spider elder vault weapons and armour). Only combat thralls allowed are spiders

2 Likes

Can you write a story? A little one just to boost me a bit. I really love role play with reason (fiction always :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). I know it sounds childish but it helps a lot. Thank you in advance :pray:t6:.

Now, day 6.
Yes i will post every 3 days, i don’t want to fill the forum again with photos and posts.

I managed, but very relaxed of course to achieve my goals. Sword of Crom is so powerful weapon that can literally one shot half of the map. The new harvesting perks are hilarious, but on the good way of course, i am not complaining here, you can have all you wish in no time.
So i fixed a simple treasury building beside to my house…

… Yet after lots of efforts i didn’t manage to gain a purge :confused:. So i had to destroy it and go somewhere else. Odly im this server many decays happened and sinkhole was free, what a boon. So i fixed this ugly black ice treasury just to test…

… It worked just fine…

I could easily proceed until lvl 3 purges, but i stopped for today. Other than that now that i have my first purge i can go for a crafter. I will look for an armorer tomorrow, Fia must come home. I don’t care she is not the best armorer, she is the best in my heart and it’s all that matters after all.
See you on Monday :metal:.

1 Like

Story? Sure, I can do that. Do I need to illustrate it too? :joy:

1 Like

I have never received the Sword of Crom in a loot drop. What is the best boss to farm for it?

1 Like

The rng drop rates has been changed, sword of Crom drops way easier than it use to. It’s 4 skeleton bosses, it doesn’t have better or worst, all of them drop it.
Now we have another skeleton in the war maker dungeon too that he has exactly the same drop rates as the unnamed city, the first left priest room.
But don’t forget!!!
This game challenge supposed to be fun, not anything else. You are allowed to have a bedroll in the lines of the unnamed city, just take lots of water with you. Skeletons especially the blue ones, eventually drop food, but water difficult. Take some aloes too. You are going to need lots of weak aloe potions. And Ofcurce you can use anything you loot until you take the sword of Crom, every single weapon, only after you obtain it’s only this one.

So @JamCar, that’s how i start.
I gather as much as aloes i can in the way and i always kill this dude, sometimes the crock kill him so i finish the crock. Either way it’s easy kill and sometimes gear and weapon.

Then i run to the Darfari village to gain the Darfari weapon recipe, stone weapons but more powerful than the simple ones.

I always climp from here to take my first obelisk

Place your first bedroll here and your first campfire, don’t waste time cooking in the river, your timer here must be 20 minutes, it’s part of the challenge to feel a bit pressured in the beginning :wink:.
Here is unnamed city, you can stay as much as you wish and respawn all the times you wish, don’t be afraid to risk and die. Use the campfire to store some necessary in there as well. I always leave some aloes, wraps and a torch just in case i die in the night.

I proceed to the scorpions, in this lvl every single scorpion is a lvl.

I keep walking having the wall on my right hand, i avoid multiple conflicts, i search for scorpions and isolated skeletons

My goal is to reach these steps alive

On the bridge the skeleton is solo and extremely easy

Watchers blade, a decent weapon to start your quest

Keep in mind that this is my main beginning in every single server, i become decent lvl really fast and i can go all around the map very easy.
My first 3 perks are strength always, 4th vitality 5th grit and 6th expertise.
You’ll go lvl 30 before you understand what happened :rofl:.

Have fun brother, thank you for trying :metal:

Ps. Don’t choose combo master, but second skin. As soon as you get the sword of Crom, combo master is useless. The best part is that the armor pieces you’ll farm will be lighter when you wear them.

2 Likes

So the weekend had plenty! I made relaxed a lvl up to my alfas (saber and snake) and from the mercenaries i bought a Luba. In the rng process i managed a queen locust too, so i am good. I went to my standard date with my most precious lady in the game as well, since i finished my first purge i could go to meet her.

I started the training of Luba and queen in the frost needle forest, plus my pickaxe was on fire harvesting star metal

I made the next two purges as well, on my lvl 3 the game crashed… Of course :confused:… But hopefully when i log in no big damage has been done, so all good.

I could do my lvl 4 today as well, but no rush. I will lvl up Luba and queen to 20 and after i will start purges again. I used some rebirth potions on my lvl 20 alfas and they are extraordinary beasts right now, especially the saber is almost one shooting everything, amazing pet.
I believe him and the snake will survive even the lvl 10 purge. In some days we’ll know i guess. See you in 3 days.

1 Like

Busy week at work, not many hours to play, so today i “risked” unprepared the next 2 purges. Lvl 4 and lvl 5.
Lvl 4 still remains “easy” purge, many things must go wrong to actually loose something valuable…

… But lvl 5 starts to give “lessons”. Is exactly the point that a player understands, feels the threat these purges may bring. Especially if you endure crashing or malfunction in this lvl you may loose a lot. I had a small malfunction in this purge and i lost my queen locust, for some reason the animal went in the camp of stygians that was pretty far from my base, i didn’t follow it because then i could be “responsible” for this, yet the game “cheated” and i lost a really good pet lvl 20. Not to mention that this purge for reasons i cannot understand or explain, though it was a lvl 5 purge had a duration similar to lvl 10. It lasted more than 30 minutes, the bodies were countless, i must had visited from over 20 demolishers… Malfunction (!?).
Anyway, the outcome is all that matters, victory.

The weekend is close, i will definitely have more time to play, at least i hope :rofl:, see you in three days… Again lol.

2 Likes

Starting to feel the doom!

Lvl 6 went easier than expected, maybe it was pure luck and it provided me a named thrall too

I had my first event after all this time, it was about time.
Lvl 7 purge is the one that even the most vicious pets will end up dead. I remember sometime ago i was testing this because of a conversation with @Archivist. So lvl 7 is the point that pets cannot survive anymore, with great exeption of the giant snake. Yet my giant snake had 7.5 k hp. Purge made it in the vault, yet i didn’t loose gold.

Lvl 8 is the purge that if something goes wrong you face your doom, definitely powerful purge.
And it did go wrong :rofl:. A small “connection lost” and i log back in in my bed. When i return back (don’t break your swords of Crom, leave them always with a small amount of durability, you need replacement for times like this) i find an invisible base and my little army slaughtered, except the mercenary dancers that purge couldn’t reach and my giant snake.

I said what the heck let’s kill some bloody stygian mfkers :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I know i lost it all, a pure waterloo, even my gear was not visible. So hopefully i had my sword of Crom and some potions i grabbed, nothing else. I didn’t care what they were doing in the building, i focused only in killing the most i can.
My snake was alone in the treasury fighting heroic the hordes and the demolishers, freaking unbelievable, what a heroic moment, i was taking courage from my snakes bravery and kept slaying until finally the graphics returned and half of my building was destroyed, omg i said, keep slaying…
The snake died from khitan mercenaries i couldn’t save it, i was trying to save my self from their daggers too. Yet after i managed these bastards too the sign comes, the stygian commander challenged me, i said hell yea chief bastard here i come…

With a treasury almost broken and more than my half treasure gone…
All my mercenaries, pets, rescued thralls dead…
WHAT AN AMAZING EVENING :star_struck:.
Finally pve can be thrilling, thank you Dennis, amazing job.
Tomorrow i rebuild and continue, the child of Crom never surrender, see you in a few days :metal:. Like my friend @Croms_Faithful says… For Crom :mountain_snow::metal:

3 Likes

For CROM!! :mountain_snow: :metal:

1 Like

Have you do a run where you can’t craft any armor or weapons? Only looted gear.

1 Like

Yes i have done a couple in the past :laughing:.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/are-you-ready-for-fun/192012/39

And i have done multiple combinations.
My most difficult was this.

Back then the bosses had the old hp and the stamina system was not the one we have now. From all the challenges, this one was my best, it made me feel really proud for succeeding it. Playing a monk is not impossible in this game, yet how cool would it be if the oar was a polearm and not a hammer. I believe polearms are missing grom this game.

Yet. If you wish me to do any challenge i am willing to beg you creating one! Create a topic, fix the rules and invite.
I’ll be there count on it :metal:.

Another crazy ride came to the end. Purge lvl 9 was easier than 8, lol. But purge lvl 10… A complete massacre.
I could build smart and avoid massacre, but i didn’t want to. I wanted to have a war and i go two of them, one on purge lvl 8 and one on purge lvl 10

Before i depart this server i left my fortune to a new player, i received lots of thanks and e motes like this :star_struck::heart_eyes:, Fantastic feeling.

My Bella proved a worthy child of Crom.
She managed to do a full play session with Sword if Crom only and no “cheating” builds. My thralls were only mercenaries and rescued from cages of purges. I used a lot of pets, heroic pets that did many times more job than any thrall i had. I used golems too, it was my first time so i don’t know if i used them right :rofl:, they were staggered a lot.
Purge lvl X is what they promised, A WAR!!! @Community please pass my compliments to devs, they kept their word amazing job :metal:.
To this journey i used sorcery as well, i was training thralls with the Abyssal armor, i had zero points in agility, however i was running and moving really fast. My stamina was 82 only, but like a said a lot of times, this weapon with full strength build can slice and one shot literally the 95% of the map. Playing war party, boss fights were extremely easy, i was using commanding posture and my thralls were healing very easy while i was 6 shoting almost each boss. I will keep this build in the future too, it performs amazing and you train your thralls really fast.
Purges after lvl 6 are difficult however with the sword of Crom, it’s not recommended for regular playing, but leveling thralls with war party yes, you are an amazing commander.

Amazing experience, try it…
For Crom :mountain_snow::metal:.

1 Like

I knew you could do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.