Change active thrall on bench

When I have two T4 crafters with different specialties I’m seeing the option to select one for the next crafting job. What I’m not seeing is an option to upgrade from one lower tier crafter to another.

I had a T1 armorer and tamed a T2, but the T1 still showed on the bench. He was a lazy boy who just sat sideways in a chair eating gruel all day, so I deleted him and the T2 showed as active on the bench.

I had a T2 cook who was active on the fireball cauldron. After taming a T3 alchemist, he showed up on the alchemy bench but the cook was still active on the cauldron. I didn’t want to delete the cook. After deleting and upgrading the cauldron, the alchemist showed up there.

Is there something I’m missing in the interface or was the option of changing from one lower level crafter to a slightly better one overlooked?

3 Likes

Dennis was clear in the stream that only the highest tiers will be visible on your benches. I wanted to ask back then,

“if i have 4 blacksmith benches 3 tier3 blacksmiths and one tier4 and the tier4 is busy, would i be able to keep my tier3 busy on the other benches?”

So i guess not?

Things are getting too real.

Thralls can work when they are sleeping, eating or just warming their hands. Just like your boss probably wants you to work.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Thanks for this, still doesn’t answer my question. If it’s possible, can you fix multiple benches and see if you can use your other tier crafters?

1 Like

No need to use lower tier thralls. One thrall can handle all appropriate stations.

1 Like

At the same time?
What i mean is simple. In order to create fast steel reinforcement i often fix 2 benches that create iron reinforcement and 2 benches that create steel reinforcement. So in the beginning of each character i farm 4 blacksmiths from North. In this “hunt” i get a named as well. So i use all my blacksmiths.
You are telling me now that one crafter can be assigned in multiple benches and work in all of them at once?

I think that the slaves taken out of cage have more importance for the workbench, I had a T2 blacksmith released from cage, a converted T3 blacksmith, on the blacksmith bench only the T2 appeared, even with the T3 blacksmith placed on the workbench,with the working animation… I moved the T2 far enough so that it was not recognized by the bench, the T3 was placed, then I moved the T2 closer but the T3 remains.
Now I am going to try with a tanner, I have T1 and I just freed a T2.
The transformed slaves seem to comply with going to the workbench. You leave them far away and they return to the table.Even opening doors.
The slaves released from the cages seem to be able to be kept far away from the workbenches, they do not come closer but they continue to give creation points to the table.

Are from different Tier.
I have not 2 same Tier,both from same place,free from cages or enslaved in wheel of pain.

Maybe 2 or 3 differents workbenches but is something,well,WEIRD.

There is no key or option to assing the slave to workbench,it could be cool

Supposedly, that is what Funcom is aiming for.
Each crafter will have a 50m radius in which they apply their bonuses to any workstation they could be placed at.

So if you have a room with 4 Blacksmith Benches, a Tinker’s Bench, an Artisan Bench and place one blacksmith there, that Blacksmith will ‘work’ on all those stations at once.

1 Like

Got a couple T4 crafters (armorer and cook) today. Found that if you click the thrall icon on bench, the T4 will replace a lower level thrall active on that bench.

Tried clicking on the thrall icon previously when I had a T2-T3 thrall but had a lower level thrall on the bench. My guess is that clicking on the icon is the intended method for replacing the active thrall, but no testing was done on replacing a T1-T2 thrall with a higher but non-named thrall.

Yup!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.