Game mode: [Online]
Region: [EU/official pve-c #1043]
So I was away for a few days and we already lost chests to whatever reason before, but I have to add: it only happened at our outpost near Braga. (near north west obelisk)
Then my clanmate (who continued to log in each day, so our stuff wouldnt decay) told me about how we lost even more…
(More chests and a cupboard, which have been there for 10+ days but then suddenly disappeared.)
And no, there has been no change to the building pieces. All stuff started vanishing randomly a long time after we upgraded to tier 3. So it’s not that different heights problem.
Also I saw how we lost parts of said building, which have been provided with those wooden pillars to have the stability working. We loose a few triangle ceiling on each and every server restart, which only get enough stability due to some wooden pillars. I dont know how that works (though I have a lively imagination), but please take a look at wooden pillars not being considered as stability giving things by the time that decay-script runs on restart…
It really seems like those supporting beams/wooden pillars wont count as such on restarts. I might be totally wrong though.
Steps on how to reproduce issue:
- Seems to happen randomly - not connected to upgrading building parts, as that happened quite a few days ago. It makes sense for chest 2+3 vanishing on second restart if the first one deletes chest one (stacked on top of each other). But why did the first chest disappear?
Building pieces which depend on wooden pillars for stability and disappear on each+every restart:
- Build something. Maybe a 1x1x3 tower made from foundations.
- Add 4 ceilings to any direction.
- See that a fifth wont work, then add a diagonal wooden pillar, which then allows a fifth ceiling.
- Place said fifth ceiling.
- Restart the game or server. Where has that fifth ceiling gone to?
Ps: Thanks for that automated form which gets added on new topics. Nice one.
And please ignore weird/wrong wording… uhm…