Chests that resurface from underground are unopenable

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: Europe

All the chests that are triggered by something to show up from underground are unopenable. Namely the chest triggered by a ghost-bear near the circle of swords and chests triggered by treasure-seaker ghosts.
The bug is present ever since I started playing, it’s a little bit disappointing as some of these chests take a lot of effort to find and later get to them in time before they hide beneath the ground again. Who knows what treasure they were supposed to contain?

Here is an example chest in this YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5U6Ho8y3ec
(it’s not mine, it’s some kind of a private server, I have encountered it on an official one).

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go to any location were treasure-seaker ghosts point to a chest - e.g. middle of E4 on top of a high mountain range with ghost fence on it
  2. go to the pointed chest before it hides again
  3. try clicking E, or destroying the chest - nothing happens

Hey @Arsen

Apologies for the late response.
We’ve relayed this information to our team so they can look into it.
Thanks for your feedback.

Is there any public issue tracking system so I can get notified, when the bug is fixed, or I’m only left with reading all the patch notes carefully? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve noticed this same bug since day 1.

Now I could be totally incorrect, but it seems to me that the phantom chests are on a “once per day” looting system.
If the server has just rebooted, and I am the first person there, I can loot the chest. But if I find it later in the day, I can never open it.

That’s my theory anyway. I could be wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.