Clan Going Server to Server to ruin game

I have seen at least 3 people in the Forum trying to find out how they can be unbanned claiming that their clan members were at fault

I disagree with you , people donā€™t suck , on the entire history of the server Iā€™m playing on , only one ā€œhumanā€ was toxic , the rest of the community was pretty decent human beings , some I liked , some I liked less , some I had a lot of fun with and some I never encountered on the map.

Donā€™t take this wrong, but if I wanted to ā€œhave faithā€ in something, I would get a proper religion.

Iā€™m glad the system works for some people, and I never disputed it did. The problem is that the vast majority of us donā€™t know whether it works, how often and how well. There are seemingly contradictory reports from different people, thereā€™s a whole bunch of rumors, and everyone is supposed to take things on faith.

Thatā€™s not how a good system works. I donā€™t want to have faith. I want to have the peace of mind that griefers, trolls and cheaters will be dealt with. Ideally, I want griefers, trolls and cheaters to think twice, and really hard, before going against the rules.

2 Likes

you are right , I would also like that the consequences of their act be a bit more publicly shown , so that other people with the same malicious intent know that there is a hammer over their head , that can slam hard on them ! and that the people who cares for the good player experience and ā€œpreserve the well being of the server they play onā€ by reporting those malicious action can have a better communication about their case, like update on how it is handled , what was done ectā€¦

faith is a word i used ( Iā€™m french so sometimes my english vocabulary can be a bit off ) , but Iā€™m atheist , so maybe another word would suit better here but I donā€™t know which one !

what I meant though , is some situations are more complicated than mine , some blocking off things is pretty easy to report and to witness for an admin , undermeshing for example can be a bit more tricky , cause to take a screen of it , well you must go over threre , what happens then if someone reports you for going over there ( to gather your evidence for your case ) with screens of the method you use to reach this point , then itā€™s a tottally other deal in terms of having to deal with it from the admin point of view , but in the end it relies on hope that the case will be dealt with a good outcome in terms of justice.

like all justice system , the people that have done it will always plead non guilty , and try all their can to make themselves look like a false accusation victim , so it complicates a lot more the process and adds time to the resolution of said report .

in the end It relies on funcom taking the right action , and I do beleive their honest intent into doing so for their community ! ( even if sometimes they could be a bit more communicative that they are , for example I donā€™t realy understand why in the forums you canā€™t post evidence , I mean I understand the process of not shaming someone on the forums ect , but we all have pseudonyme we chose , itā€™s not our ā€œrealā€ identity so the backlash stops at the virtual world persona you created , I beleive then consequences on your virtual personna should still happen as it reflects your virtual persona gamestyle choices . and so we should be allowed to show out in the open irrefutable evidence. but this is only my point of view it is for sure arguable.

No, you used the right word. Faith is not exclusive to religion. But I firmly believe that faith has no place in a justice system.

You would be surprised how many people donā€™t separate their virtual world persona from their real world selves properly. Even Iā€™m sloppy about that.

And we should never underestimate how petty and vindictive and downright nasty some people can be. There have been cases of players being harassed across multiple servers and even worse.

I have no problems with that aspect of the rules. Everyone should be presumed innocent until proven guilty, but people donā€™t actually behave that way. An unproven accusation can sometimes cause big problems for someone, regardless of their guilt or innocence. So itā€™s a good thing they donā€™t allow public accusations.

Itā€™s the handling of the reports that bothers me. You file a report, and the only thing you get back from Funcom is the confirmation that they received it and will look at it. They explicitly tell you that they wonā€™t even let you know of the outcome, let alone the progress. So you have no way of knowing if they even looked at it. And if nothing happens for weeks on end, you donā€™t know if itā€™s because they didnā€™t have time to look at it yet, or because they looked at it and determined it was fine.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about and thatā€™s whatā€™s frustrating. And many people are complaining about it, too. If I report something, at least give me closure, let me know you donā€™t agree with me, so I can decide whether I have to live with it or move to another server.

2 Likes

in that you are 100% right , Funcom should give more precise answers and closure to cases

1 Like

This is not Isle of Siptah Map

No you are right, itā€™s not, but you missed the point of the post. Spam to block players from building just to land claim is the issue and matters not the map. Funcom has rules for a reason and I get they donā€™t have the man power to keep up on all complaints but when players follow their rules of conduct and give them everything they need (reason for complaint, pics, player/clan names and actual screen shots or videos of all said) they donā€™t act on it. So why have the rules of conduct if there are no consequences.

For example, this is a piece of the code of conduct they have posted here on the forums.

Harassment and griefing

When playing on official servers, please stick to a general set of guidelines of basic decency, such as treat others as you would like to be treated.

If youā€™re experiencing harassment and griefing in-game, please be aware that there are tools in-game put in place to help you improve your experience such as muting.

However, there might be cases we may intervene against if some lines of basic human decency are crossed, for instance:

Regarding the building system, although freedom is encouraged through the sandbox mechanics of the game, please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. We reserve the rights to act upon in cases we deem necessary, such as but not limited to:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, resources and other areas of the game.
  • Abuse of the claim system (claim spam) where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other playerā€™s access to resources and building spots.

• Irresponsible abuses of the building system leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.
  • Special consideration against these cases will be taken in PVE and PVE-Conflict servers.

@Berserk

I disagree, us console gamers are a big part of the community for Funcom, do I agree how Isle of Siptah was released? Absolutely not, as the Conan Exiles game (DLCā€™s and ā€œexpansionsā€) is now on PC and consoles which means all should get it at the same time to enjoy or all should have to wait. The best way Isles of Siptah should have been done was a private Beta testing where players could sign up for it. But back to the question at hand, I havenā€™t heard of any successful resolutions to people/players concerns on console.

I put a complaint in for my above mentioned post and followed all of Funcomā€™s procedures and still no resolution but I hope it will be dealt with soon.

I would love it if Funcom/Tencent added another tab to the Conan Exiles forums labeled ā€œBanned Listā€ with the server id & reason for the banning without specifically naming the player(s) and/or clan(s). That would give those suffering from the griefing/harassment a bit of much appreciated feedback and clearly & publicly demonstrate that action has been taken.

3 Likes

I have seen people banned for walling twice. You just have to give proper evidence that is compelling. If someone is completely walling you inā€¦ screenshot EVERY ANGLE, and upload it, from multiple distances, with coordinates as per the directions they give you.

If you do this, are polite, and are patientā€¦ AND your complaint is a valid one, you will see the problem removed.

Again though, if you can still physically get over the wall, CE wonā€™t do anything about it.

So, learn to play nice, mute people. Donā€™t let them get a rise out of youā€¦ cause thatā€™s what they enjoy most of all. Keep giving them a reason to stay. Or donā€™t.

Goodluck though! It can happen, document everything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.