Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvE-Conflict
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: 1516
Mods: None

Bug Description:

Clan Ownership did NOT move to last member when member left

Bug Reproduction:

I have not been able to invite friends to my clan for years, despite having clan permissions and ownership. So given that my friends in said clan did not play anymore, I removed them from the clan, leaving only myself as the sole clan member and leader.

I was still unable to invite anyone, so after many hours of research, it said that being the last member of a clan to leave it would pass ownership of all followers and structures to said last member.

This is NOT what happened and I am at risk of losing literal years worth of progress to this issue. Is there any way Admin can fix this ownership problem? If this issue is for anyone else that’s going to be crippling. The server still says the buildings and followers are owned by a Clan that no longer exists.

You have 3 different ranks in clan and leader.
Rank 1 cant access vaults or invite anyone in clan.
If you’re not a leader, you can only remove ranks lower then yourself.

It seems like you still have had someone in your clan.
You need to get in touch with them.

I can confirm that there was no one else in the clan. I was able to remove the original clan leader and everyone else beforehand. Unless that coding messed up somewhere is the only thing I can think of happening.

At this point I would wait for decay and just raid the base when it hits zero.

:brazil: Recomendo gravar sua tela e postar aqui pois não há como fazer nada se você não é o lider ou se seu clã está com outro nome para que possa ficar mais claro sua dúvida :thinking:

Can you confirm that you were the leader of the clan? If you said you removed the leader which implies you were not. It is not enough to be the last member, you need to be the leader/owner.

I can confirm. I was given leadership roles by the previous leader. I had the audio prompt for the interact menu with other clanless players happen, but no radial interaction menu appeared. I could access all of our vaults, promote new members, kick them, etc. I am not sure how else I can keep emphasizing this information.

Even if say somewhere I messed this part up, there are 0 members of the clan left, so should the server at least recognize that the entities belong to a memberless clan and remove them? That would at least make more sense.

Would you be able to provide me with a link to their discord? I’m getting conflicting information about which one is the proper one.

1 Like

I have seen clans without a clan leader, the system is far from perfect. In theory what is being reported shouldn’t happen either but …

I did kick the original clan leader. I was able to kick and remove everyone from the clan leaving only myself, as stated in my initial post. Meaning, I was also a clan leader as I have specified many times. We were the same rank.

Despite being a clan leader, I was not able to invite new members. Again the radial menu sound happened when using E to interact, as well as the side bar tool tips for the menu. Yet no menu appeared.

So far it sounds like there is a potential for several things to be going on wrong here.

• Invites not working despite permissions saying I should. This was the original problem and started this series of events.
  • If I was, somehow not actually a true clan leader, then the game displayed this improperly, and I should not have been able to kick the original clan leader. I was able to do this.
  • After kicking everyone and leaving the clan on my own, I should have inherited the followers and structures to remake a clan anew based on my research with FAQ/Wiki/Player feedback. This did not happen even after several hours of being logged off of the game itself.
  • The clan, despite having 0 members, remains as a clan on the server even after server downtime. Even other players have seen the structures still being owned by a 0 player clan.

So there has to be a bug somewhere in this process. Did the server register some unknown phantom anomaly clan member? All members were personal friends who were unable to invite anyone else. Was my clan leader rank bugged? Is this a server data issue? Clearly something somewhere happened that shouldn’t have happened. I am just so confused about the inner workings right now and I would hate to see this happen to anyone else playing.

1 Like