Climbing since update

I am not here to say I am against any new animation regards the climbing? but is it just me? or does it feel like it is alot slower now? It was already fairly slow to climb already? sads for me I climb alot in the game.

please bring in feedback, maybe it would be cool to speed it up? or is it all the new animation for it that just makes it look slow as hell?

This was brought up before and I think the conclusion was it’s the same speed, it just looks slower.

It’s jerky/jolting? ça saccade quoi. The old one feet well everywhere and maybe the new one is more for Siptah and it’s big hight natural wall. Because it’s maybe more reallistic. Dunno if a compromise could have been done. Certainly, but it’s not always easy for the artist to find the good one. It’s good enough finally.

1 Like

appearances aside, the actual rate of climb is exactly the same as the prior version. while this on test live, I created a tower of alternating wall and window frames. then i recorded my character climbing it. next, i duplicated the wall on the live 2.3 build and recorded climbing that.

putting the two videos side by side in a video editor, both characters climbed from the base to the top at the same amount of time.

Looks slower, but rate of climb is the same for a given distance.

1 Like

yeah oke, its just sad they have to make everything look so slow it makes my eyes tierd :frowning:

I believe this was covered in the devstream or maybe the Q and A, I forget, but the Devs said the rate of climb is exactly the same.
I remember when the new swim animation came out and people complained about it. . .lol.

Looks the same to me and on vertical walls it looks a lot better than the old animation, but it looks really bad in some climbs, such as a place that is not quite level enough for walking so you still need to climb. Not jerky to me but I am in solo game.

For me the real problems with the new climbing comes when you climb un-even surfaces , it “lags” a lot more on those type of surfaces ( you know those nice upper parts of towers ( especially on the new lands since all greyones towers have this pointy repetitive design on the edges ) that you need to have the space bar pressed down to not detach from the wall and fall to your demise ) this was a lot less a problem before , now it feels like you can’t go as easy over those un-even surfaces without your character starting to “lag” between going over the un-even part and the texture of this un-even surface pushing you down .

overall in my opinion I think it was a waste of time remaking it :s Or so Atleast make it look cooler it look scuffed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.