Complaining about official servers, is like complaining public transit wont pick you up at home

Well I’ve decided to look for myself too see how many people are playing official on PC. I didn’t find the Steam Charts to be very useful, but I found a list of most played Conan exiles servers. The first page lists 25 servers, 15 of those are Official servers. Most of the private servers on the list are RP servers btw.

https://conan-exiles.com/servers/players/

lol dude really? Far cry 5 is coop, Rainbow six wild lands is coop. Any game where you kill other players is pvp. It does not matter if you are in a squad or not if you are fighting other people its player vs player.

I dont understand Funcom goals, if I was to spend millions of dollar, years of development to publish and launch a multiplayer game I would certainly want a controlled environment to manage it and maximize its success chances.

I cant see the logic on spending so much and then leave the fate of their product on private servers. People have to pay for the game, pay to host the game and also dedicate their time managing it… its a matter of time until these server admins change their focus. And Im sure Funcom expects the game to be in evidence for the longest time possible.

1 Like

Why not? Online games have been doing that since MW2 (the real MW2) back in 1994 with Kali and NetMech.

Because they are available. Look at the server list and you will see there are 4 official servers per one private.
There are not enough players willing to spend 30 euros/dollars per month to run their own standart 40 slot server.

The OP is obviously on a fishing expedition for giggles. Quite apart from the illogical arguments in evidence, it’s obvious to everyone that the max number of players is not 10 on official servers.

In this way they present a tantalising weakness to their argument in order to draw people in then they can get to work smearing inconsequential nonsense all over your logical responses.

Hmm… does this mean I got caught on their hook?

WHOOPS :joy:

I play on official and am having a blast.

I meet new people, some amazing geniuses:

20180630003513_1

I experience the most interesting and diverse builds:

Other’s complete tools and idiots:

I make my best memories on official servers, because people come to you, as they are in their truest selfest form. Only those who have made up their minds about the game, and the official servers they are on, move on to become great friends and allies:

To say official servers is nothing more then some demo, is to say that New York is some demo, without ever having lived there first.

To most people, official servers are single-player without access to an admin panel. The fact that other people are around, adds value and “legitimacy” to all that one does.

People don’t want to suck the admin’s genitals to be in good graces.
People don’t want to feel like their save files are stored on some strangers computer.
People who play on official servers want their save files to be kept my Crom himself. The perpetual mountain god of indifference.

4 Likes

You contradict your self You say Conan can survive with out a server but that coops will fail fast. Conan with no server becomes strictly a coop at that point because all you can do is invite friends to play. IMO any game that puts 1 or a set of players against 1 or another set of players is a PvP game. PvP is players vs players I don’t see how you can not understand that. Coop is players vs the environment. When You play conan on a pve server its coop. When you play it on a pvp server it is pvp. In CoD are you as a player fighting NPCs (nonplayer characters) or are you fighting other players?

What the heck?! I just discovered this thread…
What gives anyone the right to just go and cut off those who enjoy (most of) the official servers?!

There is nothing else to say about this but:

I HATE THIS IDEA.

I would try to refund because of a critical feature (official servers) being cut off.
If Funcom actually did this… That would be the point for me to boycott their products.
I can live with bugs taking “a while” to be fixed.
But being forced to play on private servers, probably because some people who play on private servers are missing mates to play with… No, thank you.

I will now go back to the server which was full to the brim the last 2 days. Yep, an official one.

That being said, all this is about PC. I dont know about those other versions, so for them, it would probably fit, but that is not for me or any of you (players) to decide!

Just let those who want to play on private play there and those who want to play on official, play on official. Whats wrong about that?

edit:

Exactly. They get to choose before they buy.
What people suggest here is a plain fraud.

Thank you!
Lots of complaints are about too low clan member number or rates being too low. Lots of complaints regarding server settings in general…

2 Likes

It’s good that you hate this idea, what with it being complete nonsense.

If nothing else, it implies that Funcom are somehow stupid and “wasted” money they didn’t need to spend on official servers.

If Funcom felt that they could have maximised profits by selling an online game with no official servers and suffered no backlash, lasting reputational damage and an excrement storm of refunds, they would have done so.

Clearly though, Funcom understand their market better than the OP, who was only trolling anyway.

1 Like

Stupid thread,close it…no need to argue a ridiculous thought…I don’t need to give a reason there has been many made…much love!

2 Likes

Conan with out servers does not become single player. Uou can invite friends to your single player game mode. Hence is why it could be considered coop still.

So by your explanation of pvp all games are coop unless it is a 1v1 type of game such as mortal kombat?

I joined official servers because I wanted to play with complete randoms that could either be total ■■■■■■■■ or just the opposite. I don’t want an admin who controls the servers the way he or she wants, I’d rather want anarchy in a game like conan. There are several mods I like but also several I strongly dislike and I have no control over which mod private servers have or implement in the future.

My server also have several active clans with no more than 4 members, and some casual clans, so I guess i just got lucky.

Just to point out. I never in the OP said no official servers. That seems the straw man theme of the thread. The point was officials could/would be better serving the C E player base as no frills, non moderated, extended demos of the game online. And would be a waste of Funcom resources to more moderate.

Mate, ya need to edit that into the OP, cuz people are just gonna keep thinking your against official servers. lol. Some people never read past the first post, unless they’ve been replied to directly.

Just speaking out of experience here x) Remember my “Interesting video” thread? Yeah… x_x

2 Likes

We didn’t buy a demo of an online game though, did we? We bought an actual online game. From funcom. Not a significantly more expensive private server, or the possible-maybe-hope of completely unguaranteed access to someone else’s private server.

But sure, do elaborate on why an extended demo is anything meaningfully different from the lack of an official server with respect to false advertising.

Or better yet, hold your breath until Funcom publicly supports your position.

2 Likes

Where were you advertised highly moderated servers, by a dedicated staff? That is your expectation, not anything Funcom bait and switched you on.

Caveat emptor.

1 Like

I’m not arguing with them, I’m arguing with you. The semantic difference between a demo and a functional product is unambiguous. Perhaps you would like to revise your choice of words?

1 Like

Are you trying to say all demos are mutually exclusive of functional products, by definition? So like when you get a demo car, you what, only have a car that makes left turns?

Cometh the man, cometh the weasel words.

You are the one who said “They are as far as I can tell more so a free extended demo, than an integral part of the game offered as a free service by Funcom.”

We bought an online game, not a demo of an online game.

Nevertheless, since the context of the discussion relates to the semantics in use and this fact seems to elude you, allow me to point out that when you “demo” a car, you haven’t bought it. And once you have bought it, it’s no longer a demonstration.

A simple but important distinction.

But sure, derail the discussion even further. I’m not busy atm.

3 Likes