Complaints about DLC/Practices

yes and no…

Cosmetic DLCs are never a cash grab, so I don’t know whats wrong with you guys out there saying funcom is a money-grabber…

but it has sent a very bad sign to release this thing BEFORE fixing important stuff in the game.
I mean like for example, go on a server, walk some meters and you will realize and see there is something wrong with the complete NPC Mechanics right now, they dont attack ,they stutter or they are stuck under some tent, and this is a pretty urgent thing to fix as every player will see that!
for me the game is currently unplayable due to this stuff. it destroys the complete game atmosphere/immersion with animals and npc people doing weird stuff

I think the dev’s are pretty good but their priorities right now are a bit confused :smiley:

2 Likes

Fortunately for me I am not seeing this bug. Unfortunately that means that the development team may not be seeing it either. This makes it more difficult to fix. I have a suspicion that a lot of these bugs are due to database conflicts with each bug fix. I think I heard somewhere that the devs test new releases on a fresh install which makes sense why they don’t see what others see on databases that have been running since release. My server was installed on June 20 and I am not seeing these bugs maybe because it isn’t getting hit as hard as the officials. Or if someone on SP is not starting fresh. IDK, but what I do know is that not everyone is seeing all the bugs which makes for quite the mystery.

I’m having a hard time not giving another jerky reaction. Don’t get me wrong here, I still love the game and I will buy the DLC. But not until the basic game mechanics are working and not before the actual DLC itself is fixed at least. You say DLC are never a cash grab, then Funcom just invented it. I’d say the 3D artists are very good and the devs suck bigtime. It needs just 1 honest caring about the game guy in the hierarchy to say: no even when the DLC is ready we should focus on the main issues first.

3 Likes

I am disappointed that they skipped Testlive and went straight to Live. There needs to be more testing done openly to avoid some of these mishaps, and the DLC and Meteor fix should have gone there first, but instead it’s still on the MOAP build.

After the MOAP debacle, with old bugs returning, many of us are committed to playing solely on Testlive in an effort to give feedback of what is and isn’t fixed (as well as what it breaks) with each patch so that Live servers don’t have to undergo mistakes. I agreed with the balancing that was done in our patch last month, but it did not fix fish traps or wells and really screwed up timers.

Perhaps Funcom can use fixes from the community? Many mods have been made that fix minor issues of all sorts, all for no profit and for the good of the game. We want this title to be as good as we expected at launch, so please let us help.

3 Likes

In my eyes there are 4 mini Funcom’s companies within Funcom.

• Leadership (poor and cause of the downfall)
  • Community Managers (they are fine, living in hell)
  • Developers (where sometimes i have the feeling there is just one or few senior developer/s queued with all the bug flood. Supported by junior developers, which have no clue, or maybe its opposite? :smiley:
  • Graphic designers (top quality enthusiast keeping the game alive and producing core for DLC’s)

For sure I am mistaken, its just my feeling about the status, updates, progress so far after release.
The game core have so much potential so people care about the game.

The current DLC strategy is ok (if You don’t have the money, You need to make them somehow). But it really troubles me that after each major patch a new dozens of bugs appears out. Community can help test it out, but it will be hard to maintain such a game if the code or engine is causing so much trouble. It might be easier for Funcom and Community relationship to just put their cards on the table, stating we have this amount of people, engine is bad, no resources and so on. Wasting resources for a new Conan game, instead of fixing current is sad strategy.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted by copying an answer I just posted in another thread :slight_smile:

99% of the DLC content is art assets. Which means it’s 99% done by the artists. There are no new mechanics or code necessary other than some dependencies and numbers.

Creating these art assets is more or less straight forward. The art team knows what to do, they create it, make it look awesome and prepare it to be ready to be implemented. That’s not to say it’s not a lot of work. They have been absolute rock stars to create these assets for players who want them to enjoy in a very short time.

Content, such as the art updates for our DLCs, has to be prepared a few weeks before it goes through Sony and Microsoft Cert for technical reasons and to make sure everything in the back-end is ready for the store. This means the artist had to make sure these assets were ready before the break.

Now, many members of the dev team have been working into their break to bring you hotfixes right after the big patch. Addressing critical bugs that would keep players from actually playing the game.
Some people have even been working throughout the whole break (art and programmers). I am not mentioning this because I expect anyone to thank us for doing this but simply to mention that we have been and are on the case.

However, some bugs are unfortunately not as straight forward and hunting down issues and fixing them takes time. There will also always be a discussion between what issues the community deems critical and what we internally have to focus on for one reason or another.

What I would like to stress is that we are working constantly on improving all aspects of the game. That means, new content, new mechanics, fixing issues and working on stability and performance. Fixing existing issues is and has always been a priority for us. Our teams are working in parallel on different aspects of the game.

With that said, we have a TestLive patch next week that will address issues you’ve been reporting and we will keep working on addressing bugs down the line as we have always done. Additionally, we have the parity patch for consoles coming and we will have the new pet mechanics and dungeons available for testing soon as well.

14 Likes

Ah how I would love to trust this statement! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree with this, let’s say I still “buy” this argumentations.

But did you really skip testlive for this dlc? I got it for free, and if I didn’t, I would have bought it. I don’t see it as a cashgrab. I think it’s good that you keep adding optional content while you keep fixing stuff.

But to be honest, I didn’t almost play anything after the 500 bugs patch. Because you know, all my thralls had 25% health due to a new bug, etc etc. So really, from somebody that still agrees with that statement, I would also have prefered some nice bug fixes before getting that dlc.

Now I got the DLC (for free due to that amazing event) and I see the game is as bugged as it was last month, and the new dlc (incentive to come back) is also full of bugs.

So I don’t feel like playing, but rather waiting for you to fix many many things. Do you think I can be kinda happy with this?

Remember, I find your argumentation valid. I have the DLC (free of cost). I want to play Conan. But given the current state, I cant. So yeah, not very happy xD.

Maybe now we, I, and you can understand why so many people, which maybe don’t buy your argumentation, or paid for the dlc, are kinda angry. With more and more “supporters” (not fanboys or defendors) being more and more critic after all this happened.

The perception thing is also true. You know you can explain and reason with total logic many things, and still get people to view it differently. It happens with many things in life.

I don’t think there was a huge hype regarding this cosmetic DLC. You know, I play in official server, talk with clan mates, lurk all forums. I got more or less an idea, and nobody was going mad so they could get this DLC released asap.

They (we) did regarding bugs. Even if there are separate teams etc. But the dlc comes first, where game is sometimes not very enjoyable due to those bugs. And, all that argumentation somewhat falls when the DLC itself has bugs which I don’t think 3d artists will fix.

Also I read all official servers have (had?) non aggro from mobs. That is a new bug, did it come with dlc? Im asking because really, I didn’t launch the game to check the dlc, as the stats / cold resist bugs appeared on forums faster than I could launch the game.

5 Likes

Can’t quote and like this enough. This is the game you want and do not want to play at the same time.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but this does not hold up. You are all from the same company, even when the DLC is ready, if you care about your reputation, you do not release the DLC before the major issues are fixed. It is called being honest and putting your reputation above short sighted money grabbing. Your company is clearly stating it priorities by it’s actions, not by the words in your reply.

5 Likes

I’m also copying an answer I posted in another thread:

I would love to see you acknowledge the fact that your entire team should not be working on any new content untill you get your game into an acceptable state, wishfull thinking on my part…

5 Likes

Thank you Tascha, many of us will accept your reply, others Im sure will remain skeptical, either way, it’s good to have an official reply.
Keep up the good work :grinning:

6 Likes

Support forum was removed, help forum was removed. It has been stated that anything that is used to interfere with the game that issue will be resolved and they will be banned with enough proof. We have proved over and over oblesk on 1930 has been blocked we have shown the signs they have posted and told a hot fix and nothing and the tribe that keeps doing this nothing happens to them. Would you rather have players who care or would you rather have players who let exploits happen who don’t care about people cheating. We have given you proof time and time again. Just be straight up if you don’t care cause some of us work hard making the game better for others and try to keep others in game and now forum posts are being removed whenever anyone complains. Some of the things these tribes are doing are not funny it’s not a joke. Now players are posting how to cheat how to exploit and instead of getting good players its a open market for bad players to come and see what they can get away with.

It goes both ways we help and tell whats wrong with the game and we get same respect back. If it sounds like we are hounding maybe it is why should over 60 players have to quit the game while you allow 2 players whose firm goal is to make life heck for those. This is spreading to other servers and in time it will be all over. There is a reason why we joined official. But you cant say give us proof something will be done and we do and nothing is done. If you just want to ignore and not care with all due respect then just tell us. Why should we spend 40 hours a week trying to keep a server free from bs and threats when the very company who made the game dont care. Like i said conan can be huge but purges are broke, you can block chat, you have not fixed signs and you have exploiters which we have sent in proof have been ignored. Posting signs which i dont need to say time and time again is not funny. but why remove forums of these issues we have .

I appreciate the artists and the devs who worked through the holidays on matters but if some of these serious matters hitting some of our servers then they are hitting the rest. Blocking bridge of betrayers,blocking shattered springs and posting signs does interfer with huge part of game play. Now they are posting how to use decay exploit so your base never ever decays? we said this would happen if not done. Now forums have been removed and changed? and now posting any issue is removed why?

I don’t believe in cheating that is why I play on a offical server but can tell you , some of the things we have said are exploits are now being published on sites for people to do. We wish for fair and equal play and yes that may not ever happen but exploiting takes the fun away and ruins it for the good players. Pvp or pve we all have the same goal have fun laugh and make wicked stuff and enjoy the game. The artists have done amazing job.

I really feel I need to weigh in on this issue - Official Servers.

@Lucifer1, those servers are not supported by either admins or moderators. It is the Wild Wild West on them. I had some good experiences and then some really bad ones. My advice is - they are for noobs only, to get a sample of MP play.

Find a nicely moderated private server, one with an admin that cares and will act to keep it fun. Only then does MP game play last as a pleasant experience.

Official Servers are basically troll fests, and never again will I play on one of them.

2 Likes

The question is, why do they fail at the 1% again? If they can shove it in between patching, because almost all work is already done by the artists and some guys that were present during vacation, then why do we experience such ridiculous mistakes? For a spectators it looks like it has to be done in haste. Maybe the programmers where busy with bug fixing, too? That would be great to hear! or they Anyway, it still raises the question why it wasn’t tested properly before release. And as a community manager, I don’t need to tell you that, releasing another bugged DLC while everybody calls for critical bug fixes, is the worst your company can do for their reputation. No, you know that, but maybe the guy in the office don’t…

2 Likes

yes to a point i agree with you, the reason why i do not play on private is because being disabled I enjoy the company of some. The reason why I joined official is in every game that I have ever played the difference between Offical and Unoffical is they watch official more for cheating, abuse etc. I also dont wish to join a server put in 1k hours and have my base gone as many servers love doing wipes. I know it sounds like Im complaining and to a point i am. No where is it posted when buying the game there is no support , only till I hit 600 hours and asked for help was I told this , I also was told due to the actions of certain players they would be removed.
They have removed the support forum, then the help forum and alot of issues that were posted. Anything that is negative is wiped out. Example.

Told them about decay cheat that happened players can surround someone they don’t like and not log on for days and there base is refreshed. I told them this 2.5 months ago now it is on numerous sites explaining how to do it. I could have been rude and do it back. They have not removed the players even though they state with proof they would be. They speak of decay is changed to remove those bases people don’t use and take up land how but now they don’t even have to log in as long as you do it is refreshed. So I have to destory my base and move because of cheaters? They state that if anything blocks a players progression these players block the oblesks are they removed no. They posted signs of things in the real world you would be charged , they have not come out with a fix for that. The artists have made this game amazing with the graphics, etc but certain things need to be addressed not ignored. I keep track of players and tribes who have quit, we have had over 68 players quit, 11 tribes due to 2 players. Yes you don’t like the game leave but I paid my 50.00 I paid my dlc etc and leaving just means one thing to me . They won and it is spreading to other servers . Would I have joined official if they stated when buying the game no support? No would others probaly not. A little part of me is left believing that maybe someone in management gives a poop about the players . Heck i would pay 25.00 a month for a server if i knew it was moderated. Not doing this post to be flamed etc we are all given freespeech and have our reasons.

Those same players who cheat now buy the mumble pack sell the steam accounts with dlc, as well post how to decay and dupe exploit. Alot of this could have been avoided.

1 Like

how many trolls do you know that say pay us 100.00 and we will leave the server…

This could be a valid argument if the DLC had not introduced NEW bugs.

3 Likes

Indeed, always be wary when someone spouts some stupidly high percentage to support their argument.

Hint: most of the time, it’s unfounded

1 Like

There was also a fix for Meteor spawns in this update, so it is not guaranteed that the DLC caused the bugs. The fence foundations are having problems on all tiers, not just the new ones.

2 Likes