I’m not sure what’s wrong here, exactly, but I’ve tried a lot of fixes and nothing seems to work. I have a Nvidia 970M, decent computer specs otherwise (16 GB RAM, computer’s from 2015; I can run, for instance, most modern games at max setting but not in 4K). I should be able to run this game at max settings or at least decent, though I really don’t care about graphics quality.
I just want to be able to play the game. But every time I launch and get into the gameplay, my computer starts getting incredibly hot (temps approaching and sometimes hitting 94c, max for this card). I’ve overheated my computer at least twice trying to get the game running properly and troubleshooting. Even when it seems to be running fairly okay, it’s so immensely loud I wouldn’t want to play the game for fear of overheating and just generally getting a headache from the noise levels.
Things I’ve tried:
- rolling back drivers
- fiddling with graphics settings (trying highest, trying lowest)
- windowed mode, windowed borderless, trying different resolutions
- downloading a custom nvidia profile and applying it to this game, fan made, supposed to help with optimization
- tweaking various settings in my Nvidia control panel
- compatibility mode (windows 7, windows 8; tried both)
- windows gaming mode
- running in directx 9
The moment I alt-tab from the game and select any kind of different window/program, though, my computer quiets and cools straight down, so I know it’s something to do with the SWL program. Again - the issue is nothing to do with performance, it’s just the temperatures.
That’s mostly it; I’ve tried assorted “fixes” I’ve found online, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!