Conan Exiles Enhanced

Devkit soon ?

Please bring this to Xbox!

I’m deeply saddened to see we have been excluded from this. What is worse is you aren’t committing to having ready soon. It would be one thing if you said we will work out the rollout bugs in PC first and then follow up with consoles shortly. But saying you have “no plans” is very painful to hear. Makes it seem like you are considering abandoning console players altogether. Seems like we aren’t even getting some of the features like building from nearby inventory.

“While there are currently no plans to bring this upgrade to consoles, Funcom and Inflexion are not ruling out a future release on those platforms.”

Could this announcement please be moved to the PC forum where it belongs.

Unless the purpose is just to rub it in the face of the console players that there is no intention to bring this update to them…

No I want them to to fully commit to this and declare consoles are now on maintenance mode from now on out and the future of CE is without them.

Looks awesome. Very excited. A great basis for future updates, ports and so on. Although I play on PC, I support the idea to either offer console players to switch their stuff to PC or put energy into porting the new version to console, too.

And who slid this little joke in? :wink:

Either way: Awesome news, and again: Applause for the good work done.

(post deleted by author)

But they did announce that consoles are now on maintenance mode. It’s in the blog.

"Consoles will receive necessary updates to address critical bugs and will still have access to official UE4 servers and the Bazaar, but will not receive any new major content updates."

Will not receive any new major content updates.

That’s maintenance mode

SMH. Well it was nice time with all of you and I hope you all the best.

@Community I appreciate all of your efforts and attempts to lipstick this pig and @den I appreciated all the work you did to keep me entertained.

For corporate leadership? Buh- bye. I hope 10¢ recognizes all your efforts to reduce revenue.

My siptah base :frowning:

I very much welcome Funcom’s decision to make the UE4 version still available for PC and console players. That way, we can play with all the old mods, consoles and so on as long as we want, and without anything every breaking again (hopefully).

It’s a bit sad that the UE5 version won’t be available on console an May 5th, but on the other hand, console players don’t loose anything. For Funcom, I guess the decision was between “maintenance mode for all” or “maintenance mode for consoles”. That’s sad, but well, one has to update hardware every once in a while.

I didn’t expect that, but new visuals, maps connected and shared storage! That is all I wished for. Thanks so much guys for not giving up on this great game!

I 100% agree

Wait what? No PS5 version in UE5?

Bummer.

maybe later…

Console players do lose the chance to play new content. That’s enough to make their disappointment completely valid. If anything, the console players needed this update more than the PC players. The game still looks great on PC. It looks really bad on PS, which never even got a next gen upgrade.

As I’ve said elsewhere, even though I have a PC, the decision to announce this without even throwing console players a “console versions will release at a later date. We will share more news when we are ready” bone is just…baffling. I feel like most of the conversation I’m seeing is dedicated to the disappointment around not releasing this update on consoles versus excitement for the upgrade.

And just because I don’t like to be overly negative: I am excited about this update too.

i imagine a console port of CE Enhanced is possible in the future.

the problem is that people underestimate just how much work there is in console ports. console users shouldn’t blame developers, when the largest part of the difficulty is actually from microsoft/ playstation/ nintendo. closed development environments, private SDKs, weeks or months to get approval for an update. it is a nightmare for developers.

if you want the best gaming experience, you have to game on a PC. if you want to be 2 to 3 years behind on software and hardware performance, continue to play on console.

not trying to be a pc master race type, i grew up a console kid. but i moved to PC in the 6th console generation, because it just is not the best way to play as a gamer.

hopefully you guys get CE Enhanced on console some day.

Throwing the bone would have been a lie though.

They clarified there are no plans to bring this to console. That’s in the blog.

What they might have been able to do is not to put this announcement in general discussion and instead put it on the PC forum since it only affects PC players.

And then come up with a different way to break the news to the console community that they are on maintenance mode. But they’ve only got one person sent out to the front lines to deliver information, so that’s a lot to ask of just a single person’s managing forums.

In just a side note, this one does not underestimate the amount of development activity requires to do stuff for consoles. However, this one is not a theorist about games. This one is a customer who purchased a product. A customer who remembers a big to do about there being parity between PC and console. You know that was announced a few years ago. Yes, that’s a difficult thing to do. So maybe a company shouldn’t promise it shouldn’t offer it. Shouldn’t claim it if they’re not going to deliver on it. But at the end of the day it was funcom that decided they wanted to release their game on consoles. You know to expand their customer base. If they didn’t want to deal with the troubles of consoles, they shouldn’t have ported it in the first place.

I should have clarified a bit more, I don’t want them to lie about it. Announcing this without having any plans to eventually bring it to console is baffling to me.

I understand the realities of development and I am not overly cynical about this. I’m sure Funcom had what they consider very valid reasons to hold off on announcing any plans for a console release. It’s just hard for me to care about any of that when thousands of players are having a game they love put into maintenance mode with only a sliver of hope at ever getting this upgrade.

I am playing the game on Epic Games platform. The new update says no update for Epic games users. And also as i understand, i will not able to play the game online anymore at Epic. So what can i do now? Stop playing the game? Which update will force players to quit the game? I don’t want to quit, but I also don’t want to start from 0. I’m willing to buy the Steam version if I can transfer my Epic Games character and base to Steam, but is that possible?

OMG!! i had MAJOR goose pimples watching the trailer!

im so excited!!!

saw in the trailer that it will be on steam only. was wondering when it would be released to console players?