Conan Exiles is becoming a joke in game community

Daaaaaamn. I love being proven wrong, even partially. Nice work, Funcom!

6 Likes

Still feel somethings need specifying … blocking resources … does this mean walling off brimstone seen as tho there are other places to farm it… accidentally blocking of crystal cave by building on aqua duct… accidentally stopping world bosses spawning by building near ?

1 Like

Hey all,

By now, you’ve seen the server rules. Please make sure to read them thoroughly and carefully if you’re playing on official servers. As members of our community, we’d also like to ask you to follow the procedures indicated there to report and appeal, as we will try to reinforce our forum guidelines on those posts who don’t follow those rules now that those processes are clearly listed.
So, as a reference, if you’re playing in official servers, read this:

And if you’re interacting in our forums, please read this:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

@Cattibria is correct. This is a process that was started months ago and worked on behind the scenes. The timestamp of the rules post is when we added the final draft of the rules to the forums.
To clear any possible confusion, we have moved forward the timestamp of that post to the moment it was made public.

6 Likes

Those are the grey areas for sure. but there is a difference in someone building a base, using it, and not realizing the vertical land claim issue that exists right now. As @zerog has posted before, even if we (players and Funcom) just get the very identifiable exploits done, then tolerating accidents like building above certain caves is easily manageable. The list they have is pretty straight forward on obvious ones, and does say if an area is gray, may be retracted after investigation. Not having any identifiable rules was starting to drive the community away. Most players will now rethink that daisy chain across the map, even if intentions were noble, and not do it.

4 Likes

I fully understand but I just get the feeling people will abuse this too…I may get banned for my comment now due to the new rules on forums … the range is huge so if you don’t hear from me it was nice talking to you all and I can probably be found in other social media threads :sweat_smile: not sure what I can and can’t say now lol

Investigation is limited the whole tribe gets banned . I also see appeals are now looked into but not everyone knows how to send said proof or upload clips of real cheaters …

It’s just all very vague

2 Likes

My first guess is yes, as much as that sucks. but also in the list, is a gray area of building spam lines so to speak. Blocking Brim could fall into that if you just daisy chain thru all the spawns there. As far as the vertical cave blocks, more often than not, those are accidents, and i can see them being “forgiven”.

"Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, resources and other areas of the game.

Abuse of the claim system (claim spam) where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other player’s access to resources and building spots.

Irresponsible abuses of the building system leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.

Special consideration against these cases will be taken in PVE and PVE-Conflict servers."

1 Like

Wonderful to hear that! I will prepare the “irrefutable, veridic proof and evidence to back up my report” on the server I play and I’ll send it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I think this part is relevant, but only Funcom can fully clarify:

I can’t stand spending 50 bucks on a game and I can’t eve. Play it because the game crashes or can’t kill anything cause of the rubber banding combat on official servers and not even being able to get out of a sand storm cause my door won’t register so I can’t open and go in. Official servers are suppose to have the lowest ping not ping that jumps to 643 to 347 to 80 and still not registering things correctly. Funcom please invest the money you make off private servers to make official servers better cause this is ridiculous!

3 Likes

Hey @EndlessLuny

We don’t make any money off private servers.

12 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: The guys in the mesh

Nah they just going to ban us all now. Until the pve players can live in official. Seems what it’s going to honestly.

Yes I just read it SATURDAY by accident

I’m pretty sure we’re not going to get any further clarification during the weekend, but let’s ask, just in case.

@Ignasi, @Hugo, can anyone clarify the following questions:

• Will blocking of resources, obelisks, dungeons, and such be a bannable offense on PVP servers?
  • Will claim spam be a bannable offense on PVP servers?
  • If the answer to either of those is “yes”, under what conditions?

I assume that the third point – intentional abuse of building mechanics to induce a significant loss of performance – will remain a bannable offense regardless of game mode, as it should be.

4 Likes

I just want to share my first experience on my first official server.
I was lv 53 and I was building my little base myself in a top of a mountain.
Yesterday at the entrance of my building I have found an high player ( legendary armor and weapons ). He was alone and there was me and my full force Cimmerian thrall ( really powerfull). I make the fight but I discovered that my wonderfull threall didn’t attack (bug?).
I died and respawned inside my base, hoping my powerfull thrall (builded with time and love) could have attacked the invaders in his “guardind alert”. He wandered all the time without attacking him… I engaged again hoping to give the imput to the thrall.
Died again. The invaders stayed outside the base for an hour and I was encaged there for an hour, making me impossible to leave my base. I really don’t know why this guy didn’t attack my wall or he didn’t leave after an hour. I just hear for an hour audio of him joking about me. So frustating. After an hour I CANCELLED my pg there and Yesterday night I become a new life in a new server.
I come from Ark and in a year of play I didn’t find any of this crap.
Funcom had to do something or people will leave the game…
I just want their employer start a game in every official server and stay for an hour blocked in an house with a guy joking all the time.

Greetings.

3 Likes

Hey my friend in north America gifted me conan exiles andnim in the uk but I cant get the nudity dlc is there a code I need to redem for it or something I am missing? Thanks

Are you aware of raid times ? Buildings can not be attacked at certain times . Also thrall will not attack players out of raid times … depends what type of server you are playing

1 Like

I don’t think the nudity dlc is available for USA players … maybe wrong tho …

Sorry I just re-read your post … i was going to suggest changing your region to uk but you already said that …
The nudity dlc use to be free for Eu players tho . Check the store maybe ?

1 Like

Yep, I’m getting tired of searching servers around, all officials seems to have modded accounts, enourmous buildings, no purge (for them), killing other players out of the time on PVE-C, playing off-line, building underwater ramdomly to claim land, building on spawn points, lag, lag, lag… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Personally, for myself I don’t know if this is going to be beneficial. On our server, there are a few groups that have played essentially by building structures that restrict resource access or access from one biome to another. To prevent that, we built a highway from north to south, starting area to volcano all interlinked to ensure that no matter what players could access all biomes.

It’s done with the exact opposite of intending blocking areas or spamming builds, but I could see a report being made due to it.

It will, for sure, be challenging to investigate and enforce, and I wish the staff luck.